1.9 tdi are they all dpf free

Thanks for reading, essentially I run two skoda tdi mmk1 Fabia hatch and mk11 octy estate neither have any issues touch wood and I must admit I prefer driving in the relax manner of these diesels, however I do have a hankering for just a bit more luxury can anyone advise if there is a superb estate 1.9 tdi high spec without a dpf

Thanks

Any diesels produced for the 2010 model year and later had to have DPFs to meet Euro 5 emissions standards. From what I can figure out, the 1.9 PD TDI was available up until this time and was dropped in favour of the 1.6 CR from 2010 onwards. I can't determine for sure if the 1.9 in this fitment had a DPF or not though.

All Greenline Superb 1.9s always have a dpf, all the others don't.

The highest trim level you can get in a 1.9 is an SE. (So, alcantara seats, cruise control, reverse park sensors, more chrome trim and a Bolero radio, 17" wheels, etc.)

The estate model of a 1.9 is rare.

HTH

• Like 1

Why do you want one without DPF ? 

They dont usually fail unless badly serviced :sweat:

Low annual overall mileage approx 6k but weekly 4 journeys of 13 miles rarely average above 33 mph each trip, so from my understanding and trust I'm really wanting to be proven wrong, just about the worse use for a dpf ?

I really prefer the drive in ' old school ' diesels, ie pre CR versions, but then again I've had diesels since the early 80 's either by choice or as company vehicle so I have reservations as to whether I will make the change to a tsi

Start looking at the 1.4 because your not doing enough mileage to justify a diesel..

They are really quite good and very good economy as well.

we even have a couple of them on my system as Taxis

Low annual overall mileage approx 6k but weekly 4 journeys of 13 miles rarely average above 33 mph each trip, so from my understanding and trust I'm really wanting to be proven wrong, just about the worse use for a dpf ?

I really prefer the drive in ' old school ' diesels, ie pre CR versions, but then again I've had diesels since the early 80 's either by choice or as company vehicle so I have reservations as to whether I will make the change to a tsi

I've transitioned from a superb I 1.9pd 100 to a Superb II 1.4tsi 125 and was surprised how well it drove on the test drive as it starts pulling from pretty low revs (1500rpm)

Not quite as much low down grunt (not far off though) -  it pulls pretty well from just under 1500rpm and has a real kick from 3500 rpm 

Personal preference but worth a test drive - they are usually cheaper too - not available with higher specs though (mine does have cruise control/wheel controls/bluetooth though)

I did look at an earlier Superb II 1.9 but found it noisier than my Superb I 1.9pd - possibly due to the N/S orientation of the engine in the MK I /  transverse on the MK II

Edited by bigjohn