Eibach sportline springs

swany

as anyone fitted the Eibach sportline springs to standard shocks, if so whats the ride like and how does the car sit? Pro kit is only a 15/20 mm drop so dont think this enough, sportline is 25/30mm drop

• 2 months later...

Eibach are always a good choice. Having owned 10's of different make cars over the years, if i was ever going to mod the suspension i would always use Eibach (not the best out there, but excellent for the money)

• 1 month later...

stock dampers are deadly for performance driving. They are valved for comfort and hardly keep up with stock spring rates by normal driving. They are great for learning how to balance wobbly stock suspension thought.

spring and damper needs to be optimally matched.

better combo is stock springs and Koni shocks.

most ignored part of suspension is bushing...that is cause #1 nor most suspension problems and misunderstandings.

• 5 months later...

I have the Eibach Sportline's fitted, I can personally say that the car rides better with them.  Its not crashy and looks better, i still think i would like a fraction lower but they will do for now

• Haha 1

Not a mk3 but I have Sportlines as supplied by Skoda as an option. These are designed to work with the the standard shocks, I would imagine they work harder but no issues so far. Look much improved without an impact on the ride.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/08/2017 at 12:26, Gissin said:

thought the sportlines were only for estates? unless this is different for mk3's?

They defo did both for my mk3, but i chose the sportline instead of the Pro's as it was slightly lower!

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:26, Gissin said:

thought the sportlines were only for estates? unless this is different for mk3's?

2 hours ago, Exportio said:

They defo did both for my mk3, but i chose the sportline instead of the Pro's as it was slightly lower!

I see, appears that its different for mk3's then, wish I could get sportlines on my mk2