Dealers Stickers

mellowyellow

Originally posted by Welliesorter in this post

I removed the dealer sticker the day I bought my car.

I've removed the Ben Sherman tags from my shirts as I don't see why I should advertise for them either.

I just chiselled the Panasonic badge off my TV btw.

Anyone know how i remove the Pilkingtons mark from a double-glazed window?

K....can i borrow the hammer ??? :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've removed the Ben Sherman tags from my shirts as I don't see why I should advertise for them either.

But surely that's the main part of the value of the shirt you're removing? Why not just buy cheap ones that don't have any labels on them to start with? :D

Rob.

Must admit ive always left the dealer stickers on my cars, mainly as I couldn't be bothered to take them off. I guess the only things that would make me make the effort to take them off would be (a) if they were really naff/ugly (B) if the dealer was really crap and I was annoyed with them. Can't really say i would ever change the number plate specifically to remove the dealer name ... its costs money to replace them :p

Having said all the above, im pretty sure that the diabolical service my wife received from our local SEAT dealer was due to the fact that her car has a Motorhouse2000 sticker in it and on the number plate :mad: Anyway, it meant that we have now found a decent SEAT garage and don't have to deal with arrogant, rude prats anymore :blowinup:

I took the dealer sticker off on day one, and removed the dirty great big tax disk sticker the next day.

The numberplates can stay for now, too lazy to change.

Now that my car is nude, I'll wait for my Briskoda stickers to arrive - much better advertising imho.

:)

Andy

Originally posted by robmawer in this post

But surely that's the main part of the value of the shirt you're removing? Why not just buy cheap ones that don't have any labels on them to start with? :D

Good question. I usually do. I think it's daft to pay more to provide free advertising.

Am I turning into Victor Meldrew?

Am I turning into Victor Meldrew?

Welcome to the club... :D

Actually the bit of road where VM's death was filmed was round the corner from where I used to live a couple of year's ago. Quite surprised at the number of wreaths and that left there!

Rob.

Always remove dealer stickers, there usually placed in the most annoying place in the rear window anyhow!

Have'nt changed the dealer plates on the other half furby, but thats just because they had there name on a sticker on the bottom of the plate so that came off.

Pick my new vRS up on Sat Morning 9am, and by 9:30am the sticker will be gone! I will probly end up taking the car to the dealer we use for the 16v anyhow as I get allong with the service manager at Coventry. But who knows may do the first service at Rugby and see how it goes, got to give them a chance, afterall the sales team has been great with me so far.

I took the stickers the dealer had put over the original dealers name on the number plates. They make it so obvious the car is second hand. I find the dealer sticker in the rear window useful as a guide when I am reversing around corners, so I leave it on.

I removed my dealer stickers straight away, had bought the car second hand and has the dealers name on the floormats (of highly sh**te quality).

One on the rear windscreen, one on the tailgate and the number plates ! now thats wot i call advertising.

I removed them all except the "its a skoda...honest" i think its quite humerous. But that my opinion anyway :)