turbo mk2 fl tsi

Need some advise if possible just had my Octavia vrs mk2 fl tsi in at skoda as clamp from turbo to exhaust has failed.

I had a new engine put in it in august as timing chain tensioner failed costing me £4000 so I thought maybe clamp not been secured properly when refitted.

just been told clamp is part of turbo and all one unit and I require a turbo at over £1000 I just wondered if anyone has fitted a aftermarket clamp as turbo is ok just clamp that has failed as I really don't want to spend this money so near to xmas any help would be appreciated.

Need some advise if possible just had my Octavia vrs mk2 fl tsi in at skoda as clamp from turbo to exhaust has failed.

I had a new engine put in it in august as timing chain tensioner failed costing me £4000 so I thought maybe clamp not been secured properly when refitted.

just been told clamp is part of turbo and all one unit and I require a turbo at over £1000 I just wondered if anyone has fitted a aftermarket clamp as turbo is ok just clamp that has failed as I really don't want to spend this money so near to xmas any help would be appreciated.

I don't think it is a specific sprung clamp to exhaust as such, not what I think of as a [separate] clamp and what you maybe thinking, it is a flange (part of the turbo assembly) with 4 threaded studs.  Seems an unusual part to fail except when removing and refitting. Possible damage to turbo when the engine was swapped? Bad luck though esp. with the cost of the other problem.

Not sure if it would be possible to secure a used donor turbo and swap internals or the part in question. If you flick up down the pages on the above manual you will see exploded views of the turbo itself and it's removal.

http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk2/drive_unit/2.0/110;_147_kw_fsi_engine/exhaust_turbocharger_g-charger/exhaust_gas_turbocharger/exhaust_turbocharger_summary_of_components/part_ii/

I suspect the answer is, if the turbo is coming out and would require dismantling anyway, you may as well have it re-built or a new one put in.

If it was just the threaded stud  bolts on the flange I would of thought they could be replaced but suspect yours has greater damage based on garage saying it has to be replaced?

Edit. looking at the diagrams and some photos maybe it is the clamp between turbo charge air assembly and turbo exhaust manifold assembly.....

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79394

See what others say. 

Edited by TheClient

it is the flange between the the exhaust and inlet as you said but vag don't class that as a clamp and not available the actual turbo is fine just the clamp thanks for help you can see it on second page of w/shop manual to left of turbo

Edited by Gazob81

I would contact the turbocharger manufacturer or anyone who sells them. They may be able to get the part as that is what a refurb turbocharger company would do. Might save you a few pennies. Or get a new skoda oe turbo on an exchange basis seeings as you have fitted a new engine. Least that way you would have 2 years guarantee on the part.

Edited by Ecomatt