Recurculation valve

Can anyone please help...I'm after getting a new recurculation valve for my mk1 octavia vrs and dont know which one to buy...my car is mapped to 214 bhp...there are different ones on ebay like forge.....r-spec and a collins one for 95 pound..thanks for any help....

Edited by CraigVRS1

OEM DV always worked best for me on all my mapped VAG 1.8T's. I tried Forge, Compbrake, Turbosmart, but should of kept my money in my pocket. OEM all the way unless running a big boost stage 2/3.

I did a lot of reading and came to the conclusion OEM was best unless you're chasing seriously big power. The new updated DVs are reportedly much better than the older ones which fail, don't really want to spent £150 for the 008 DV from Forge and then need to service it every year. 

• Like 1

Badger5 did a lot of testing on valves, and also on the second page of this thread on audisport.net, post #70 - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/interesting-dump-valve-information-for-new-buyers-and-owners-servicing-etc.174490/page-2 , you can see documented test evidence the OEM is the best performer unless you are chasing big power.

Edited by kentphil1
  • Like 2