Shocking story

auditek

Drive by wire throttle can record full down without the peddle being down if there was a switch fault.

In this case the recordings do not show continuous full down but a lifting off and and drop in speed just prior to the impact.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/nov/24/skoda-driver-decapitated-in-stuck-cruise-control-mystery

The coroner certainly appears to have accepted that there was no evidence of any malfunctions.

Just heard on the radio that the latest suggestion that the 8 minute phonecall to the police was made because he had already been clocked for grossly excessive speed, and that his story of a stuck cruise control was purely a cover/justification for what he was doing.

But as with all stories like this, the conspiracy theories will be plentiful. Nobody knows for sure. All we do know is that with a full throttle situation, it wasn't a cruise fault, and that has been backed up by the fact that no faults were logged in the car.

Someone has lost his life, and the incident will have greatly affected other parties too, and I really don't think that anyone should be saying it's X, Y or Z that has been the cause until all the facts are known.

Mike

+1

Although it's possible for all of these events to have occurred on a freak series of events, the likelihood has to be billions to one surely.

Unfortunately with the damage to the key systems which could have been analysed to prove things either way and the tragic loss of the drivers life, it could remain an unknown what really happened.

Can someone please tell me what the last 10 posts have anything to do with the original subject of this thread? I can't see any connection myself.........

What can you believe today?.