Fabia vRS Mk2 black alloys

Chibakun

About £160 from a Skoda Dealer unless some offer on.

Why not touch them up at least until after the winter, but maybe even longer, it will not be the last time they get damaged.

*light alloy Black Gigaro 7J x 17"*   £168.80 on Ebay....

I have a few used ones sitting but they are all the same or worse than you have.

Edited by Offski

About £160 from a Skoda Dealer unless some offer on.

Why not touch them up at least until after the winter, but maybe even longer, it will not be the last time they get damaged.

*Black Gigaro 17"*

Thanks

It's disappointing to have damaged them :rain: , but you're right 

Paint something on now just to stop the corrosion that sets in.

Black Touch up, or even nail varnish, you can clean that off later and sand down and touch up properly at your leisure.

Ok, I didn't realise that would corrode somehow, thanks

Not so easy actually to sort out the non painted polished edge (Lacquered / coated) on the Black Gigaro, so often painting to match the rest of the wheel is easier and cheaper. (on all 4 wheels.)

Picture from google images.

(Mine only ever look this good for a short period of time, and often look cr4p after new tyres have been fitted a couple of times.)

post-86161-0-06260100-1480584104_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-46335000-1480584117_thumb.jpg

Edited by Offski

I absolutely destroyed my front left alloy over a year ago. kept an eye on Ebay and got one for £50 after about 3 months of waiting, got another one as a spare for £80 a few months after. Might have to try touching my other two up, they have slight wear on them as well.

The Colour match is simply, not an issue, the Cut Rim without colour is not so simple, but yes a competent refurbisher will do them.

Tyres with the best rim protection are well worth having fitted.

Or 215/40 R 17's with good rim protection.

post-86161-0-50139300-1480615871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Offski

I was told by 2 different wheel refurbish companies that they wouldn't be able to get the alloy back to looking like it did out of the factory. Something about the diamond cut polished lip around the edge.

I was told the same as yourself Millsy, The guy said he'd give it a good go but that it wouldn't be like new. These alloys do appear on ebay from time to time and can sell relatively cheap or sometimes not at all...

They can, the wheels are re-profiled / Machined.

But seeing as they are rather crap wheels in the first place and you can get them cheap it is hardly worth the expense.

I have Dark Chrome Gigaro sitting that have never been on the road that are covered in White Worm, and Black Gigaro that have the Edges looking crap even after 

i polished the edges and re-lacquered.

The point really is how much do you want to spend getting wheels made of chocolate looking as they did but with some alloy removed on the outer lip.

A quick spray of Plastikote for use in the winter does them no harm really if clean and moisture / salt free free before doing.

post-86161-0-72888600-1480683476_thumb.jpg

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1