What spec has rear parking sensors?

ted1888

Evening all. Trying to spec a car for my daughter but having problems trying to determine which models have rear parking sensors as standard. Sadly, I no longer have my mark 2 brochure and not sure if rear sensors are standard on the SE models or whether you have to go to the SEL. I've looked at approved used - some SEs seem to have them, others don't, so it's either a case of the garage not listing the full spec or sensors being a FF option on the SE. Also, for those models with FF sensors, do you get the visual warning on the head unit? This is a feature on my 2013 Skoda Rapid (SWING head unit) but have no idea if it's the same with the mark 2 Fabia. Thanks for any responses.

only Elegance had them as standard on the later cars. 

I've got a 2013 SE and mine were extra. 

You get them on the Swing headunit if they were a factory extra. If they were fitted by the dealer then you dont. You can tell the difference.. the factory ones are fitted flush to the bumper and the dealer fit ones are fitted ontop of the bumper. 

Edited by fabiamk2SE

As said above, although the Spec's quoted on sites like Parkers state Parking Sensors as standard on Elegance, it's certainly not the case for some strange reason - i'd say no better than 50/50. I was zooming into to the rear photo's of cars advertised to see if factory-fit sensors were present.

My mum has a 64reg and hers didn't come with sensors - had to retrofit genuine OPS, and when she was looking it was very hit and miss whether they had them. The same with my mrs' 60reg, looking around at similar age FL's when we were buying and again hit and miss, can't understand why - luckily the one we got did have them. :whew:

We bought a 2014. 64 plate Elegance and it came without sensors. After a little research we found that the OEM sensors can be retrofitted, which we did, works perfectly, display on the retro fitted Bolero.