Haynes Manual for Skoda Yeti

mortderire

Will Haynes be around much longer I wonder.

The rate at which vehicles get replaced by ever more complex technology driven by constantly changing emissions standards makes me think there probably won't be enough, these days, prepared to tackle a major job

Another member approached Haynes a while ago and asked the question, and was told there were no plans to produce one.

There are downloadable or CD based workshop manuals (Elsawin) available on Ebay, but beware as they are not always legit and some don't work.

F$&king painful experience this was. After eventually getting it to download and work with windows 10 it turns out it is in German....not helpful.

It says on the site:

Multi Language:

English and German (Deutsch)

So is there no option to change to English?

It says on the site:

Multi Language:

English and German (Deutsch)

So is there no option to change to English?

Yes I read that too hence why I downloaded it. There didn't appear to be an obvious way to change the language. I expected to get the information and be able to save to a disc or usb but to view it you must use a virtual program which for me is complicating something that should be very simple.....the german language was the nail in the coffin

I contacted the supplier of the manual...turns out you need to be able to read German so you can follow the German words to change the language to English. The file for the Yeti was 9GB and came through in .rar format. I have to download their recommended free downloader then use their recommended 7zip.com unzipper file and then use a VM player which went onto some other virtual type server which opened the file in what looked like a Windows XP screen/database......then change it to English. The initial links they sent thru have expired.

For me this is too much messing around so I've requested a refund if they can't just let me download it to a disc or USB.

First, many thanks to The Plumber for posting the link.  It worked for me, and the resulting Elsawin manual is definitely in English.  I don’t recall being asked to choose the language.  But after dieselyeti’s experience, it looks like potential users should use the online chat or email to sort out the language issue beforehand.

I’d agree that the download experience is lengthy and tedious and a bit fraught when the procedure seems to depart from the script.  I used their recommended free downloader and the file was 4.55GB.  It took 2 hours to download.  I would recommend leaving yourself much longer than that to complete the process, which is much as dieselyeti describes.  The download links only remain open for 3 days.

It appears that if you download the Skoda file, you get access to all Skoda models, not just the Yeti.

Edited by djgilson

Update. I now have access to the service manuals. If you do decide to pay for the download set aside some quiet time for when the download is complete. I think part of my problem was having too many other things going on at once and not focusing on the task at hand....

In short, read the instructions and if in doubt email them as they respond quite quickly to fill in the blanks. It is a convoluted method of delivery but I guess it does eventually deliver.

Merry Christmas ;-)

• Like 1

Guest FurryFriend

Personally I agree with Ryeman

Most Haynes manuals of years gone by with full engine, gearbox, electrical, suspension, brake, steering and transmission stripdowns were of real use to various levels of home mechanic. The spanner difficulty ratings used to let guys like me decide whether to tackle a job or not.

But although still competent enough to carry out a large proportion of my own maintenance and repair on the family's cars, the advances particularly in computerised systems are outside the amateur mechanics capability, and, repairs carried out incorrectly or with incorrect tools can work out extremely expensive.

Sadly a lot of people these days are quite proud to admit that they can't even change a wheel or know where the bonnet catch is. I think Haynes are aware of all this, and so do not really make manuals for mechanics any more. See most chapters tell the owner to refer problems to their garage. Not really what I used to buy a Haynes manual for.

Where exactly do Haynes get there intricate manuals from if not directly from the manufacturers?........in which case why don't they make them available to their customers at a reasonable price?.

AFAIK Haynes disappeared out here years ago when we got endless updated short run new cars requiring an electronics degree.

Makes you hanker for an old RS2000..........sigh

Where exactly do Haynes get there intricate manuals from if not directly from the manufacturers?.......

In the past they said they stripped down a car to get the pictures aided no doubt by the manufactures manual.

They used to be worth having, better than that pretty good but I bought one for my Skoda Fabia about 12 years ago and not worth having.

The pictures due to the crap paper and cheap printing were next to no good at all and in an order that made finding a particular job very difficult.

They have said they are not producing a service/repair manual for the Yeti and I find that no great loss.

In the past they said they stripped down a car to get the pictures aided no doubt by the manufactures manual.

They used to be worth having, better than that pretty good but I bought one for my Skoda Fabia about 12 years ago and not worth having.

The pictures due to the crap paper and cheap printing were next to no good at all and in an order that made finding a particular job very difficult.

They have said they are not producing a service/repair manual for the Yeti and I find that no great loss.

Yep

In the white goods world it's all over for that old tech era