Anyone tunned ABT chip box to 336 ps?

They have to be worried as i bought a 65000 usd car and i will pay 3000 euroes for the chip box

ABT is related to to vw group company as the sell cars and have ABT center in the same building

PALESTINE is like any other country if not better

Thanx Danny

All i need to know that APR or revo offer ecu and tcu programs for for engine and transmission

Does the ABT chip box has both features or just for the engine?

Just my personal opinion but you have just bought an expensive car with 280 PS so why on earth would you want more. If it was not fast enough you should have bought a faster car in the first place instead of fitting an aftermarket tuning device (which may or may not work) that with probably mean you loose your warranty and devalue your car.

I have recently ordered a 1.4 TSi 150 as a replacement for my Seat Leon with the same engine in 140 PS form. After 3 1/2 years I know that 140 PS in a Leon is far more than you can use on a regular basis on the UK roads so unless roads in Palestine are much better where on earth will you use 336 PS.

For me the most important part of a cars performance is the ability to overtake safely and the 1.4 TSi possesses that ability in bucket loads. The 336 PS should be better (as should the 280 PS) but in 3 1/2 years I have not had a single instance where I longed for more power.

A lot of car purchases (most?) are not about 'need', are they? And 280ps isn't that much these days. We can strip all the fun out once we're alll condemned to self-driving cars.

As for value / cost: point me to a comparable car that doesn't cost at least 50% more. Actually, I couldn't find one at any price.

And 280ps isn't that much these days. 

It is to a majority of car buyers.

And I know all about performance cars, got one in the garage that is about 270 bhp/ton. 0 - 60 in under 5 seconds and a SS 1/4 mile in under 13.

As for a comparable car not studied the market, no interest in a family barge with that sort of performance.

Fair enough. I've got something considerably faster (for track / racing only) in the garage too. Doesn't stop me enjoying something that brings a smile on roads as well. And you almost never have to move over on the autobahn :)

Edited by eurotraveller

Hello

I used to own an mk5 gti for 4 years

After the first year i upgraded to APR stage 1 ( from 200 to nearly 245)

It was fun and after a while i upgraded to APR stage K04 ( 370 ps) on dyno so it was more fun

I purschased this car because it has Mk7 R engine and it has a big interior and because i know that if i want to raise horsepower i can.this car is better for me than any other car

I need roomy interior and it has bigger interior than A6 or A7 with 3.0 tfsi 330 ps engines

I can not afford an A8

I can sell it after 3 years with a good price relative to its age than any other car

Sporty driving is not 24/24 but it is great if you decided to press the pedal to find an extra power :)

I would think with 140 bhp there'd be lots of times you'd want more power, to overtake quicker and get back into your lane sooner. I know you can overtake, as had Renault 10 years ago with only 115, but certainly had to plan more and wait for a much longer stretch of open road.

I would think with 140 bhp there'd be lots of times you'd want more power, to overtake quicker and get back into your lane sooner.

In 3 1/2 years I have not been in a situation where I want more power. Most overtakes are completed without using full throttle or dropping more than 1 gear, if I need to overtake quicker I simply use more throttle and drop another gear.

One problem with having huge amounts of power is when after an overtake you have to pull back in between other cars. If your speed differential is too great that can mean forcing your way in and very heavy braking which is guaranteed to upset other road users.

On a press on day on the A9 in Scotland or on the sweeping Lincolnshire roads I can assure you 140 PS is plenty of power, very few (if any) cars overtake me. Reading the road ahead probably helps, there are far too many muppets on the road today who never look any further ahead than the car in front.

But let look at another way. 140 PS is only available north of 5000 rpm according to the VG figures. Even during press on driving I rarely have to venture north of 4000 rpm at which point the engine under full load would be producing at best 125 or 130 PS. But its not on full load and I don't have my foot to the floor so its producing less than that. So why would I want to spend £1000's more on power/torque I will never use and in some cases add to that with a plug in box which could loose your warranty.

Perhaps if VAG fitted a power meter it would surprise people how little power they used. A 70 mph cruise probably uses no more than 30 PS so why have 90% of you power surplus most of the time.

Edited by skidpan

This is a bit fruitless debate. Some people (me included) enjoy the feeling of power, speed and an effortless driving that some extra power brings along. And some people don't need that or atleast are not willing to pay the big extra cost for that. And both ways are just fine. As said before, it would be very boring if we all would drive similar cars. Not much to discuss on auto forums;-)

Years back I imported a new Seat Ibiza PD130 from a dealer in Holland.

One of the options offered was an ABT power upgrade (a physical "chip" in those days) that didn't affect the warranty, so I paid for it.

Ultimately I wished I hadn't; it didn't offer the same level of performance as most tried'n'tested aftermarket remaps did, and it cost twice as much.

Obviously this may not be the case with the Superb, but I'd suggest looking at some dyno plots to see what you're actually getting for your money, and how smoothly it's delivered.