Post VT the octavia

I'm no octavia fan but credit where credits due. despite the initial grief with my car and the persistent minor niggles which I overlook now on the whole it's been good at lugging around the family on holidays but that is all.

The car is going though next year before its warranty expires. So options to consider: (lease only)

Kia optima sportwagon

Hyundai santa fe

Skoda Kodiaq...

New Ford kuga

The skoda Kodiaq looks interesting but I'm concerned with the build quality if my car is anything to go by. Kia seem to be as well built as any budget car thesedays. A friends new GT line sportage makes my elegance spec look drab.

Anyone know of any good lease deals for the above?

Kia Sportages and Hyundai tucsons can be leased for £150 upwards.

Have a look on select car leasing and Nationwide car contracts.

The hot offers sections are good. More discounts.

The Ateca is being raved about by WhatCar (suspect a big bung there...lol)

No supply for 5 months, so no discounts and hence very high leasing prices.

I considered the GT line sportage 1.6 petrol turbo variant 174BHP BUT watch out the fuel consumption is worse than a 2.0 litre petrol turbo VRS. Its a good looking car and decent spec but woeful fuel economy unless going for a diesel before VED changes in April 2017.

Decent lease deals on the Kodiaq are still thin on the ground but this should give you a good idea...

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/new-car-offers/kodiaq-range/

There is also a dedicated leasing thread over in the Kodiaq forum...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/410214-kodiaq-lease-deals/

All of the decent Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tuscan PCH deals have been on the low spec cars, as soon as you go for something decent they become less competitive.

Not a big fan of Ford's especially the Kuga, not sure why.

Have you considered the Octavia Scout? Some good PCH deals still kicking about. Not as high as the Kodiaq but does at least look chunkier than a standard Octavia.

I run this on a £200 (including deposit) PCH (8,000 miles per year)...

O4CPxTpN.jpg

But then we do like our Scout's...

Picture%2011_zpsysjyetkl.jpg

Lots of good PCH deals out there. Best off looking at something premium/new and currently desirable as you'll find their strong predicted residual values relay to low cost leasing.

When I was looking I found I could do a 3/35 30k mile/year lease for very similar money on a 330d M Sport Touring as a bobby basic 2.0 TDI Passat.

Just when you start going over 10k/year the costs spiral.

I avoided PCP this time and have done 3 year HP on an 18 month old car, with the view than in 3 years I'll either continue to run it for a while pocketing the money or use it as a deposit for a new one.

Any reports on the Kodiaq real world mpg figures for both petrol and diesel?

I'm historically a low mileage user (current octavia 10K miles in 2 years) so I'm thinking petrol engine now and a low mileage lease?

I've got a similar Octavia to yours and mine is heading back to Skoda probably next month via the VT route, even the dealers don't seem to want it, I knew there was no equity in it but the garage were talking initially about buying it off of VW/ Skoda finance and selling it themselves, now they don't even want it, not sure whether to be insulted or not as the car is near mint and low mileage, kind of says it all about the Octavia!

I've taken a kind of sideways move and am currently waiting for my Yeti L & K on PCH to cross the Channel and get to my dealers, built before Christmas but unlikely to turn up before February as it is still parked up in Emden! There are some pretty good PCH deals around on various cars but the new Kodiak model is just too new as yet to get any good deals particularly as they are likely to be in short supply initially, just keep looking and I'm sure there will be more deals available nearer the time when you are able to change your car.