Fans blowing really Hot Air out on passenger side

dsab

I had some Issues with my Superbs Aircon during the summer while driving in Italy, in that it didn't seem to properly coll the car down, and at times it even seemed to warm the car up instead of cooling it down. Passenger side seemed to be more affected then drivers side, but didn't think anything of it at the time. Anyway, somehow didn't manage to get this investigated further, as the temperature back in NI were not high enough to re investigate the Issue.

Today I experienced a similar issue, and think it is related to the Issue I had in the summer. It was about 2 degrees outside and the Aircon was set to 20 on both sides of the car. The drivers side vents blew out normal air, but from the 2 vents covering the passenger side it blew out incredibly hot air at the same time, obviously making the car very hot. Reducing temp didn't seem to make a difference either.

When I switched the Aircon off, and put the manual temp control to 16 degrees it blew again very cold air out from the drivers side vent, but still very hot one from the passenger vents. Any idea what could cause this? Some blocked pipe or some vent not "opening/closing" properly etc.?

I've had this a few times on mine, initially I turned the whole car off then on which seemed to fix it, I've since discovered that if I continue driving but turn the whole climate system off (by pressing the OFF button, bottom left corner, not just the aircon off button), wait a minute or two then turn it back on again it's fine - seems to sort itself out. My guess is it recalibrates itself upon starting it up again, flap positions etc.

I've had my car from new and it's just coming up to 100k and it's probably only done it four times in all those miles so like you I've never taken it further other than to mention it to the dealer when it's being serviced but no fault codes have been logged.