Anyone been to Mlada Boleslav?

ahenners

Hi all,

As per title, has anyone been to the Skoda Museum and Factory in Mlada Boleslav? Going to Prague in just over a week's time and wondering if it's worth the trip out.

Any advice or tips from someone that's been?

Thanks

Relative went on Thursday.

Large part of factory is off limits as they are starting production of the Kodiaq thingy. 

Edited by lol-lol

Relative went on Thursday.

Large part of factory is off limits as they are starting production of the Kodiaq thingy.

Damn, that's a shame! Thanks for the heads up! Did they pre book?

Damn, that's a shame! Thanks for the heads up! Did they pre book?

Think they did but made their own way to Mlada though you can gete some trips that go from Wenceslas square.  It was a Thursday thing not sure if it is more days now.  

Think they did but made their own way to Mlada though you can gete some trips that go from Wenceslas square. It was a Thursday thing not sure if it is more days now.

Thanks for that. Got an email confirmation this morning for a visit pre booking, so might as well go. It's about £13.50 and I'm not planning to return to the Czech Republic in the near future after this trip.

Yes, its a nice trip by train from Prague if your going that way. Youll need tickets to Mlada Bolesav Mesto, not the main station (as I found out a few years ago!). You get the main train from Praha to Mlada Boleslav then change to a smaller train that takes you to Mlada Boleslav Mesto. There are sometime direct trains back to Praha.

Just watch it if there's a rail replacement bus as you get dropped off in the outskirts!

Yes, its a nice trip by train from Prague if your going that way. Youll need tickets to Mlada Bolesav Mesto, not the main station (as I found out a few years ago!). You get the main train from Praha to Mlada Boleslav then change to a smaller train that takes you to Mlada Boleslav Mesto. There are sometime direct trains back to Praha.

Just watch it if there's a rail replacement bus as you get dropped off in the outskirts!

Thanks for this, didn't realise there was a train stop close. Is it better to take the train then? I read somewhere that the train station wasn't near so it's better to take the bus

Thanks for this, didn't realise there was a train stop close. Is it better to take the train then? I read somewhere that the train station wasn't near so it's better to take the bus

The Mesto station is right outside the museum so its ok from that point of view. I've only been by train and it's been quiet and the countryside is quite nice when you get out of Praha.

The railway staff are usually pleasant and happy to help (even if you just point at your ticket and look confused haha. They don't speak English either outside Praha which is fair enough). They've also let us know which train to get on when you have to change to the small one at MB Mesto.

The main station is very soviet looking and deserted and there isn't much signage, so its not somewhere id like to hang around too long on my own or after dark! Getting your timetable sorted is a must.

The ticket staff at Praha station do speak some English, but we found it difficult getting a return time table from them.

I think this was the site I used last time http://www.interrail.eu/plan-your-trip/interrail-timetable

It worked out very cheap for tickets as well, probably £13(ish) for 2 adults.

The Mesto station is right outside the museum so its ok from that point of view. I've only been by train and it's been quiet and the countryside is quite nice when you get out of Praha.

The railway staff are usually pleasant and happy to help (even if you just point at your ticket and look confused haha. They don't speak English either outside Praha which is fair enough). They've also let us know which train to get on when you have to change to the small one at MB Mesto.

The main station is very soviet looking and deserted and there isn't much signage, so its not somewhere id like to hang around too long on my own or after dark! Getting your timetable sorted is a must.

The ticket staff at Praha station do speak some English, but we found it difficult getting a return time table from them.

I think this was the site I used last time http://www.interrail.eu/plan-your-trip/interrail-timetable

It worked out very cheap for tickets as well, probably £13(ish) for 2 adults.

Great, thanks for this :)

• Like 1