KIA Stinger GT

RampantBadger

11 hours ago, BigJase88 said:

Did Jezza not call it the Kia Stinker?

🤔

not a great looking slab that’s for sure

Harsh, I don't think it's a bad looking car, massively overpriced and usually in awful colours but not awful to look at.

Inoffensive rather than interesting.

Jason Plato was not a big fan when comparing with an Audi S5, but then that was on the track.

3 door vs 5 door.

Getting a 40 grand 5 door Audi would have made sense.

So not apples and pears, price difference, weight difference.  & people would be buying a road car and unlikely to track it.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2020 at 08:40, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Jason Plato was not a big fan when comparing with an Audi S5, but then that was on the track.

3 door vs 5 door.

Getting a 40 grand 5 door Audi would have made sense.

So not apples and pears, price difference, weight difference.  & people would be buying a road car and unlikely to track it.

Apart from the midrange poke with 700nm I do wonder who is going to buy the diesel S4 as the owner above of the petrol S4 above points out so clearly. He can get 36mpg from his petrol car on a run and 39mpg in the diesel but with only 347PS the diesel should do better as the 658 miles he did in the week he had the car it only averaged 37.1mpg giving a range when full of only 455 miles. My 363PS petrol Superb is averaging 600 miles per tank for comparison and the basic S4 Avant now costs £49,400 and with all the options on the Press car supplied it was close to £60,000.

• Like 1

@shyVRS245

You might say what size your tank is and what his is.  Then i think you mean you have had 600 miles from your tankfull.

Or has this been several tank fills and some higher than 600 and some lower so then giving an average ?

What was the maximum miles that you have had so far from a tankfull?

It really does leave the question as to why Skoda are just putting the Superb on sale with a WLTP / RDE2 tested 272 ps engine when they could have a 350ps plus fuel sipper!

40 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@shyVRS245

You might say what size your tank is and what his is.  Then i think you mean you have had 600 miles from your tankfull.

Or has this been several tank fills and some higher than 600 and some lower so then giving an average ?

What was the maximum miles that you have had so far from a tankfull?

It really does leave the question as to why Skoda are just putting the Superb on sale with a WLTP / RDE2 tested 272 ps engine when they could have a 350ps plus fuel sipper!

Superb has officially 66 litre tank and over 4,878 miles driven has averaged 39.07mpg. Last 3 tanks 557 miles on 62.45 litres, 602 miles on 65.94 litres and 626 miles (best so far) on 67.51 litres. Current tank suggesting around 640 mile range. Shell V-Power Nitro+ has cost per tank £83, £85 and £85 last 3 fills.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Good stuff.

The 66 litres will be the tank capacity, (An empty tank out of the car could be filled with 66 litres) and then it will take another 7 litres up the pipe without venting it.

So a good range available.  

Think from memory I managed to squeeze 70 litres into my 2016 Superb 1.4TSi ACT fuel tank which is just over 15 gallons and that had a range of 800 actual miles if you don't want a diesel Superb.

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Apart from the midrange poke with 700nm I do wonder who is going to buy the diesel S4 as the owner above of the petrol S4 above points out so clearly. He can get 36mpg from his petrol car on a run and 39mpg in the diesel but with only 347PS the diesel should do better as the 658 miles he did in the week he had the car it only averaged 37.1mpg giving a range when full of only 455 miles. My 363PS petrol Superb is averaging 600 miles per tank for comparison and the basic S4 Avant now costs £49,400 and with all the options on the Press car supplied it was close to £60,000.

I've not watched. Are those numbers paper numbers? It's just that RW petrol MPG is often worse than diesel. And it could be that some will like the driving characteristics more.

Both my BM and my SO's Mini JCW have a little over 300hp each on paper, the BMW has 200Nm and 100Kg more. I like how the diesel drives much more than the JCW. It's a very different power delivery.

2 minutes ago, Aspman said:

I've not watched. Are those numbers paper numbers? It's just that RW petrol MPG is often worse than diesel. And it could be that some will like the driving characteristics more.

Both my BM and my SO's Mini JCW have a little over 300hp each on paper, the BMW has 200Nm and 100Kg more. I like how the diesel drives much more than the JCW. It's a very different power delivery.

No he went to the SW some 220 miles from his main home and the journey took 5 hours at 43mph (which is what I average in my Superb for comparison) at an indicated 38.7mpg and he said to average over 40mpg you would have to drive everywhere at 55mph and he expected it to get near to 50mpg on a run which it can't do and he wouldn't buy a diesel S4 having owned the 3.0 litre supercharged and 3.0 litre turbocharged petrol versions. He even concluded by saying it feels sterile in comparison.

21 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Superb has officially 66 litre tank and over 4,878 miles driven has averaged 39.07mpg. Last 3 tanks 557 miles on 62.45 litres, 602 miles on 65.94 litres and 626 miles (best so far) on 67.51 litres. Current tank suggesting around 640 mile range. Shell V-Power Nitro+ has cost per tank £83, £85 and £85 last 3 fills.

KIA Stinger GTS and diesel Audi S4 owners look away now. 10 commutes in 12 days petrol 1,627kg petrol 360bhp.

C91D8390-8D08-4A9B-89AE-7DDEB2FC5431.jpeg

• Haha 1

With an average speed like that many would feel cheated if they never got that economy.

190 ps TDI DSG , Min Kerb weight 1,843 but 4 up / adult people, 3 with their kit bags. 

Using around 75 ps quite likely and still able to go at twice the NSL if the throttle goes to the floor.

Filled up, then zeroed.

& then bimbling along, singing a song and sticking to the speed limit watching for Road Safety Partnership Camera vans.

DSCN4746.JPG

DSCN4760.JPG

DSCN4764.JPG

if my avg speed was 43mph, 

a)id be late all the time 

b) my 105bhp 1.6tdi would be averaging around 70mpg :D