help leak in boot

hello I found out where the leak is coming from in the boot of my 2003 skoda octavia mk1 hatchback

post-102034-0-68102200-1484509314_thumb.jpgpost-102034-0-99410700-1484509383_thumb.jpg

do I maybe have to take off the rear light or the bumper to see what is happening?

cause it´s coming from a place I can´t get near from inside

There's loads of threads on here for mk1 boot leaks.

They leak from everywhere unfortunately!

Mines started leaking on the drivers side this time after spending weeks a few years back curing the leak on the passenger side.

Just the boot strut I think this time though...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes mate definitely seal around there. I've had these leak on both my estates now. I used this stuff http://www.autoconsumables.com/indasa-car-body-sealer-flexible-panel-sealer-grey-310ml-cartridge-2512-p.asp - but bear in mind it will remain tacky. So far, so good. Normal silicon isn't too good on metal, apparently.

I applied the stuff directly to the body of the car, making sure to go around the screw holes etc, before putting the light cluster back in place.

3 hours ago, Paul thornton said:

/snip/

Amazing how water finds its way in.

I was once told "consider water to be like the laziest **ick in the world. It will always find the easiest way way to get where it wants