retractable net

I seem to remember seeing a retractable net which came from the boot cover unit to fill the gap between the top of the seats and the roof, thereby stopping or slowing anything from coming through from the boot. A sort of soft dog guard. Did I dream this up and did they ever make such a thing and if so would it fit an estate?

Edited by 2cvhound

IIRC it's described in the handbook but I don't think it's ever been standard in the uk and I've not seen it in any accessory brochure either.

Here you go, not sure how you go about getting one but it appears to be standard for our market:

post-143076-0-06947000-1484972412_thumb.jpg

It can also clip up to the roof further back in the wagon, where it would normally sit. This photo is taken with the back seats down.

Edited by mabnz

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wileyk80 said:

Does anyone have a part No for this ????

I'm sure it could be ordered if we get one 

Found a picture of the net you are lokking for from a swedish breakers yard and the part no. is 5E9861691 C or  5E9861691 D. Although the C or D is perhaps not relevant. This was a net that was black / gray in colour.

Price was around £150 ( 1750 SEK ) ( http://en.bildelsbasen.se/?link=item&searchmode=1&vc1=191&pc1=115&vc[0]=191107100&vcx=4209&pc[0]=115108105&post_id=33130192 )

BR.

Janne

Edited by JanneH60

We ordered one on our Yeti - its called the 'mesh divider' or something like. It was new option only as you need the holes in the trim to get at the fixings in the top of the B and C pillars.

They are also an option on the Superb we are looking at ordering so i can't imagine the Octavia doesn't have one as an option.

My '53 plate Vectra estate had one as standard. IMHO they are a safety necessity if you don't routinely close the boot cover, which i don't

22 hours ago, JanneH60 said:

Found a picture of the net you are lokking for from a swedish breakers yard and the part no. is 5E9861691 C or  5E9861691 D. Although the C or D is perhaps not relevant. This was a net that was black / gray in colour.

Some Googling has uncovered a post on forum.skodaclub.pl which suggests that as well as the net these fittings are needed:

5E9 861 251A - Metal ears black

5E9 867 347 Y20 - plastic top

5E9 867 945 - plastic cap

N 106 404 01 - M8 nut (8 off)

N 908 747 03 - M8 countersunk screw (8 off)

17 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

Some Googling has uncovered a post on forum.skodaclub.pl which suggests that as well as the net these fittings are needed:

5E9 861 251A - Metal ears black

5E9 867 347 Y20 - plastic top

5E9 867 945 - plastic cap

N 106 404 01 - M8 nut (8 off)

N 908 747 03 - M8 countersunk screw (8 off)

Perfect. All those small itmes that´s easy to forget.....

/JAnne