Who or what is the biggest threat to SKODA?

ColinD

Hi All,

nice question Colin, very interesting.

Well, I'm a happy owner of a Roomster 1.9TDI 2007 with about 105K km (65K miles)  and the car is good and still working like a charm.

Like some others I'm impressed by Hyunday (good design and quite good prices) but really, in this moment, buy a new car could be a bet: in the near future I think we see nice improvements regarding the switch to electric engines.

Anyway, my impression with VW and Skoda: the sell you a Skoda saying "it's a vw" but if you get it back you'll got "but it's a skoda" and the used value fall (really) down!

So, again, I agree with someone here that said the VAG is the most threat to Skoda brand!

Thank you all for this great community! 

?

Really one of the worst, even more than Skodas?

How are they after 3 or 4 years for residuals?

The thing is that Hyundai are built in the Czech Republic with a good standard of Quality Control and come with a good Manufacturers Warranty that other Czech Republic car manufactures should maybe match or better.

http://hyundai-motor.cz/english.php 

Edited by Awayoffski

@Chelseacraig my brother is using a 57 plate Hyundai as his 4 year old Octavia VRS can't be trusted now due to going into limp mode after the emissions fix. He has no problem with the much older Hyundai. He won't be buying another Skoda.

Mine was sold in January this year after only 7 months of ownership due to its crap build quality. 

40 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

Feck the warranty is 7 years . Who's going to keep one that long anyway .... scrap yard by 4 years 

A lot of people TBH - not everyone is into the 'must have the latest shiney new toy' mentality...

I may not be a good example but my cars are 10, 12 and 22 years old and the previous two were still going strong when I sold them on at 13 and 11 years old with well over 136k and 113k miles on them respectively...

• Thanks 1

Ah now i understand why a young person has a Sporty Looking Taxi / Police type car but with a dirty diesel engine, 

not for family needs or the likes but because of 'much cheapness military discount' then stick on a personal plate and people might not click.

Lol oh dear that hurts . At least my mountain bike has no front fork springs and big wheels ....... by the the way I'm 40 and on my 23rd year service . ..... yes I have a family . By the way my wife curbed the wheel last week ..... I was ****ed 

Chelseacraig,

What is the obsession with my fat tyres. Do you think it is a good wind up?

Do people not ride on beaches and at the seaside on the Isle of wight.

Obviously they do not ride on snow.

PS

I had a Kia Picanto 1.1 68bhp auto for 7 years and it was rather good in the snow, 

i often drove it instead of my AWD's in winter / bad / wet weather.  No aquaplaning.

Loved that Kia for a wee back road blast it was just like driving an original Mini but with good brakes and a heater.

Just fit snow tyres and as long as the snow was not deep enough to belly it out it went great.

Fat Tyres%2c fat snow falling 011.JPG

19.1.13 thaw 033.JPG

Edited by Awayoffski