Superb MY18 news - when?

Anyone wants to speculate when (unofficial) news about MY18 arrives?

I expect to see some new gadgets etc will be available. Like new online infotainment, head-up display, digital instruments, LED headlights, internet enabled Webasto etc and hopefully a cheaper TSI 4x4 DSG.

Edited by driverhs

2 hours ago, driverhs said:

Anyone wants to speculate when (unofficial) news about MY18 arrives?

For feks sake, its only January 2017 and I am still waiting for my 2017 model to arrive.

• Like 4

Not directly relating to this topic but in relation to the MY issue, on Tuesday this week I was given a brand new L & K Superb as a courtesy car with only 20 miles on the clock but it is not a 2017 model - has only 3 colours on the 3 interior LED's and the older style interior mirror - sure these changed with the MY2017 update, just a note of caution to anyone buying a 'stock' car now that either appears new or is ex demo/nearly new.

1 hour ago, Speedman said:

Not directly relating to this topic but in relation to the MY issue, on Tuesday this week I was given a brand new L & K Superb as a courtesy car with only 20 miles on the clock but it is not a 2017 model - has only 3 colours on the 3 interior LED's and the older style interior mirror - sure these changed with the MY2017 update, just a note of caution to anyone buying a 'stock' car now that either appears new or is ex demo/nearly new.

Good point :thumbup: and that is the same with all manufactures/suppliers and dealers. Check what you are getting.

Funnily enough I was going to start a new topic on this, i was reading about the revised Octavia and Octavia vRS and I noticed the petrol engine was going from 220 to 230 bhp and it struck me that if they are doing it with that and the engine is the same as the one in the Suburb I wonder if it would be getting 230bhp as well when the MY18 appears later in the year.

• Like 1

Of course it will be same updates to the infotainment as the Octavia just had and also the Kodiaq. I think all new cars will in some different way be connected online and that would include online start of the aux.heater (maybe for extra cost). But head-up and digital instrument I don't expect that in the MY18 Superb... LED Headlights is probably not an option, that would change the design and therefore we won't se it probably until facelift of the Superb (when? Maybe MY19?).

When do the years generally change? I'm sure that I've read the MY17 thread but can't find it at the mo.

I'm just waiting for my paperwork to be sent to the lease company for my next company car. I'm not due to change until July so is there a chance that this maybe the MY18 spec?

150 SE Tech estate by the way.

18 hours ago, Feed said:

Of course it will be same updates to the infotainment as the Octavia just had and also the Kodiaq. I think all new cars will in some different way be connected online and that would include online start of the aux.heater (maybe for extra cost). But head-up and digital instrument I don't expect that in the MY18 Superb... LED Headlights is probably not an option, that would change the design and therefore we won't se it probably until facelift of the Superb (when? Maybe MY19?).

I'm sure I've read the facelift Superb is also due this year. Stuck in my head as it seemed really quick after being originally launched. 

On 26/01/2017 at 12:59, Speedman said:

Škoda prevented LOADS of cars ordered by NCD being sold to the people who ordered them, this took months to sort out so concequently there are loads of brand new MY16 cars looking for a new owner.

16 hours ago, Frankowen said:

When do the years generally change? I'm sure that I've read the MY17 thread but can't find it at the mo.

Week 22, so in week 22 2016 MY17 was introduced, MY18 will be week 22 1017

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CTRob said:

Aren't current cars connected online via Skoda connect via phone tethering ??

No not yet. You have no buttons in the roof module like sos or possibly to honk/flash the car from smartphone app. That require an OCU (online control unit) with integrated esim-card. 

On 1/26/2017 at 12:59, Speedman said:

I recently learned something that would have made me incredibly angry if I had bought the Honda Civic diesel in 2010.

To get around the Euro 5 legislation the Government Honda allowed to sell Euro 4 cars into 2012 (other manufacturers had to sell Euro 5 cars form 1st January 2011) because they had an airfield covered in cars. They were all MY2009 cars made in 2008/9 and were being sold in large numbers late in 2011, some early in 2012. So some poor sods who thought they were getting a brand new Honda Civic diesel in 2012 were getting one that was possibly just over 3 years old and had been standing all that time.

• 3 weeks later...

I was planning to order a TSI 220 L&K in the coming week but thinking now that I should wait just a little for the MY18 version to become available. Checking the available options for the Kodiaq (in Sweden)  I noted a couple of things that I hope they add to the Superb and that’s the Area View option but also the Park Assistant looked different.

Do anyone know if there are any differences in the Amundsen nav between the Kodiaq (and new Octavia) and the current Superb?

Could it be that they save all the good stuff for the facelifted version, MY19

If you like it how it is now, buy it, because they can do something to it that you won't like, but the bigger changes come 2019. They will announce it mid. 2018, but will be available from 2019, that is the Facelift.

I for one don't like the 8" screen in the Kodiaq, seen it Live and it was a magnet for Fingerprints, as was the Climate unit... oh and forget about it if Sun shines on it or its Werry bright outside.

Its not bad, but the current one works better.

I already owned a 2015 S3 L&K 1.4tsi act Manual and wanted to buy a MJ2018, asked Skoda CZ, Skoda on Facebook and others what the Changes will be, no one said anything Official, but they did say nothing drastic just minor stuff like from MJ2016 to 2017, since it does sell excellent without big updates.

So now have bought a 2017 S3 Sportline 190hp DSG :P and am perfectly happy (got it yesterday)

Can someone tell me what VIN I should be looking for on a new Superb Estate L&K with 2l 190ps DSG, hopefully built February 2017?

I made it really clear I didn't want an old one that had been sitting around. although with the list of extras I think it is unlikely.

Edited by knfruitbat

On 2017-02-18 at 18:16, Blindek said:

If you like it how it is now, buy it, because they can do something to it that you won't like, but the bigger changes come 2019. They will announce it mid. 2018, but will be available from 2019, that is the Facelift.

Thanks for the advice. I found out that the color we wanted, Jungle Green, is not available from last week of may, when MY18 manufacturing is starting. The other things, area view and the upgraded amundsen nav the dealer sort of confirmed. But another drawback for us is the deliverytime, it doesn't seem that you can order a my18 car and get it like in June with the new specs. I was told if I want a my18 car with the new specs it will be delivered end of july or august. So will probably order it soon, although it's a little silly to get a car manufactured 3-4 weeks before the year model. I have to live with that :)  

Depends what the VW master will allow. Seat Cupra facelift got 300bhp and led headlights. Maybe the infotainment from the Kodiaq and the possibility of a new 1.8 petrol. I hope they have more interesting body colours.

Haven't read all previous posts so this may have been mentioned, but just to note that on MY17 cars some VCDS changes already appear not to be possible so I'd say there's a chance that the systems on MY18 cars might get tighter still. Might just be worth bearing in mind if you are planning on activating goodies via VCDS.

10 hours ago, Viktor_SE said:

Thanks for the advice. I found out that the color we wanted, Jungle Green, is not available from last week of may, when MY18 manufacturing is starting. The other things, area view and the upgraded amundsen nav the dealer sort of confirmed. But another drawback for us is the deliverytime, it doesn't seem that you can order a my18 car and get it like in June with the new specs. I was told if I want a my18 car with the new specs it will be delivered end of july or august. So will probably order it soon, although it's a little silly to get a car manufactured 3-4 weeks before the year model. I have to live with that :)  

I tested the Infotainment in the Kodiaq and to be true, its the same as in the Superb, same resolution, just that the screen is shiny glas that u see every fingerprint on and it has the Skoda Connect that u need a extra SIM card or with the Amundsen, connect your Phone with the Nav unit over a HotSpot on your phone every time... yea that's really fun :) And then you get a Message "Can't Connect a the moment" (have a Company Passat with Car Net that works 30% of the time...).

They won't reinvent the Superb with a new Model year so just buy the car if you like it ;) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blindek said:

They said somewhere that its 99% sure that its for the Yeti II 

Ok intresting do u have a link? I heard the same at a kodiaq lunch event. So the new yeti will be launched in april? Week 16 is the shanghai motor show. And then i gues production start in week 45 or so. Do u think more models will get it this year? Or only yeti 2 now? The superb maybe in 2019 facelift? 

1 hour ago, Oykkh said:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/car-advice/2016/skoda-to-offer-virtual-cockpit-in-early-2017/

Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier has confirmed the brand are to offer virtual cockpit technology on selected cars from April  ...is it for the superb MY2018 or for the new Yeti you think?

One would assume it will be on the Kodiaq at some point, however i would expect it will be on the L&K Superb as an extra... the superb is Skodas flagship car so it would make sense for it to be on that first.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RickTT said:

One would assume it will be on the Kodiaq at some point, however i would expect it will be on the L&K Superb as an extra... the superb is Skodas flagship car so it would make sense for it to be on that first.

Ok we have to wait a while. Week 16 is coming soon. Maybe the kodiaq coupe? Week 16 in april is the shanghai motor show?