Superb MY18 news - when?

2 hours ago, kriva said:

MY2018 is online on the Czech version of the configurator here.

other than the larger 9 inch infotainment screen are there other new options or standard features released for MY18 on the Czech configurator?

thanks,

Edited by tazztattoo

The only thing I can easily see, other than the MIB3 entertainment setup, after a quick stroll through the Czech configurator, is the addition of a new 19" rim, Trinity, and the 18" wheels seem to be a no-cost option now, not sure whether it was like that before or not.

So correct me if I'm wrong according to the configurator if I order from this point on I will receive a MY18 ?

Please note
Our website and configurator reflects Model Year 17 specifications (including fuel efficiency and emissions performance) and pricing. These models are available from UK stock only. Model images shown are for illustration purposes only and may vary from UK specification. Factory orders from 28 April 2017 will reflect Model Year 18 specification and pricing. Please speak to your local ŠKODA retailer for more information.

You should indeed. As far as I understand it, the factory switches production from one MY to the next in week 22. As there is a backlog, all orders which enter the system now are pretty much guaranteed to be MY2018.

20 minutes ago, kriva said:

You should indeed. As far as I understand it, the factory switches production from one MY to the next in week 22. As there is a backlog, all orders which enter the system now are pretty much guaranteed to be MY2018.

excuse my ignorance does anybody know what the differences between MY17 and MY18 especially on the SEL apart from as I understand going to the 9.2" Columbus, are the diesel engines still the same especially the 150 variety or the 220 TSI am I correct in thinking the oil burner will become the 140 and the petrol 230, any changes the 190 oil burner.

Lastly will the price decrease or rise for each MY18 model and the factory options price alter ?

Skoda said Digital instruments in Karoq mid to end 2018, or rather the Customer gets it 2019. 

The 9.2" Screen is still MIB2, just with Connect services and different buttons / Glass. Even the MJ2017 can have the Graphics of the new Screen (can be changed with VCDS) and you can just tick one box and you get Skoda Connect (can't be used since you need a Code that you get from Skoda to connect to the Server)

17 hours ago, Blindek said:

Skoda said Digital instruments in Karoq mid to end 2018, or rather the Customer gets it 2019. 

The 9.2" Screen is still MIB2, just with Connect services and different buttons / Glass. Even the MJ2017 can have the Graphics of the new Screen (can be changed with VCDS) and you can just tick one box and you get Skoda Connect (can't be used since you need a Code that you get from Skoda to connect to the Server)

Where did you read that the new karoq Will get the digital instrument later.. on škodas webside it says the karoq Will intruduce With it fr.o.m. Launch. And Autobild and other journalists have it in the test cars in Estonia .. 

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 16:44, kriva said:

Had an email of them this morning confirming week 22, although they were tight lipped on what if any changes there would be, which considering in my email to them I told them I was putting an order in later this week and would like to know any changes there would be. Bad customer service really but all manufactures do this.

Email from them

I must say, we are delighted about your interest in our new upcoming model of Skoda Superb.
Unfortunately, we do not have any specific information about this model.
Production of this specific model will start in the 22. week. There are already some speculations about this upcoming model, but we cannot confirm anything, or be more specific, yet.

Best regards,
Katerina Simankova

Informační linka ŠKODA
800 600 000

So currently, can either order a car from stock, or configure a MY18 car (using the MY17 configurator) so might have wrong specs or option prices.  Per the website popup, can also talk to your retailer (but I suspect they struggled over the weekend to be precise)

So basically if you order today, you do it blind, the exact price and spec might be different to what you hoped for.

Maybe I'm a bit naïve, but do people really spend £25-35k without knowing what they might get ?

Not sure this is a logical method of selling, especially if competition is offering a good deal in whilst you wait for answers.

Not really relevant to the UK, but I had a phone call earlier today from my dealer. I didn't have time to answer, but last week they promised to keep me advised when they knew more about MY2018. I'd imagine that's why they called me earlier. (Belgium, by the way)

Even though the configurator is not online yet, I imagine the dealers might be getting the information required soon, or they already have.

In any case, I won't be ordering without knowing exactly what I'm going to get in terms of specs and options.

Edited by kriva
  • Like 1

Went back to dealer today and was informed it would be a MY18 as from order its takes approx. a month to build start.

the dealer also confirmed the only change would be to the larger 9" entertainment unit as seen in the Octavia, he also said lead time would be 12 weeks but to air on caution as could be 16 weeks

It would appear the configurator in the UK has been updated..... NO message now stating it will be MY18 specifications and the interior images show the larger infotainment system. The 190 PS DSG engine seems to have been removed off of the Sportline version. Im in the process of picking my next company car and was hoping they would add the 190 manual to the sportline, does the removal of the 190 PS DSG mean that more engine spec changes are afoot?

• Like 1

Also on UK update - Massage seats are now available as an option, but only with the vented seats. Reconfigured my car as before total of £5 difference, so no major price difference as yet.

Also had to reload configurator as there was a message saying it had been updated.

Edited by knfruitbat

41 minutes ago, rcake11 said:

It would appear the configurator in the UK has been updated..... NO message now stating it will be MY18 specifications and the interior images show the larger infotainment system. The 190 PS DSG engine seems to have been removed off of the Sportline version. Im in the process of picking my next company car and was hoping they would add the 190 manual to the sportline, does the removal of the 190 PS DSG mean that more engine spec changes are afoot?

I was hoping the same ref 190 Manual. Settled for requesting the 150BHP DSG instead from my company but just seen the CO2 figures have jumped too. 150 Man from 109 to 114 and the DSG rom 119 to 125! On the latter, that jumps 2 levels on my company car tax.

Time for a rethink........

Just to let you know, Google Street View will not be available after 01/2018 since google will no longer Support it. Also VW(Skoda probably too) is cancelling  Street View as of KW22/2017 so it can no longer be Ordered or rather will not be fitted to the Car.

Its not VW fault but rather Google who is changing some stuff around Street View and Cars won't support it anymore.

Back to Old School Maps view :) 

1 hour ago, Blindek said:

Just to let you know, Google Street View will not be available after 01/2018 since google will no longer Support it. Also VW(Skoda probably too) is cancelling  Street View as of KW22/2017 so it can no longer be Ordered or rather will not be fitted to the Car.

Its not VW fault but rather Google who is changing some stuff around Street View and Cars won't support it anymore.

Back to using Windows, check before I leave the house what a destination looks like, and then the glass ones on the car when I arrive. Can't help but think of someone at work that asked what the weather was like outside and went straight to their phone, and I just opened the blinds for a live update.

• Like 2

i was looking on the MY18 configurator just now and added the LED plus pack on the SEL and a pop up came up saying to add it ive got to also add KESSY to get it why ??

I also was able to add the rear view camera without rear wiper

I wonder if its an error there side or this is now the case ?

2 hours ago, Blindek said:

How about Google earth in Maps? Is that still available for MY2018? 

9 hours ago, kezwald said:

i was looking on the MY18 configurator just now and added the LED plus pack on the SEL and a pop up came up saying to add it ive got to also add KESSY to get it why ??

I also was able to add the rear view camera without rear wiper

I wonder if its an error there side or this is now the case ?

This was the same with MY17 - there were a few options that couldn't be picked without KESSY (I think Canton was another).

41 minutes ago, wooyay said:

This was the same with MY17 - there were a few options that couldn't be picked without KESSY (I think Canton was another).

did you end up adding it ?

I was only going off the brochure so thought you could add it on its own lol

7 minutes ago, kezwald said:

did you end up adding it ?

In the end I went for the L&K over the SE L as once I'd added the various options I wanted it wasn't much more to get the L&K that had them as standard along with a few others such as KESSY and Canton.  KESSY works well and saves having to fight with keys when you've got full hands - originally I didn't want it but having used it for a while I'm glad to have it but it's one of those options I'm not sure I'd pay to have it specifically...

• Like 1

First post from a newbie based in Switzerland:

My first factory-new car in 31 years will an S3 Combi Style 2.0 TSI 220PS, black, beige interior (=no kids!), panorama sunroof, towing hook, Canton, lots of other goodies (almost all "Assists"). 

I ordered on March 31st. My dealer confirmed it will definitely be a MY18 and delivery (wait for it!) takes between six and a half and EIGHT months. So it may be DECEMBER by the time it arrives. It's now 3rd May and he still doesn't have a manufacture date. Will check with him again on 9th May. 

I chose KESSY (I think with alarm) just because it's more convenient. 

Looking at the Czech configurator, Columbus would be the new 9.2" knobless one. I noticed the detachable lamp/torch in the boot didn't seem to be an option on the Czech configurator. I understand that the torch and Columbus are the only differences compared to my Swiss configurator and the car the dealer says he will be delivering. I will do a point for point comparison of the car delivered and my order. 

Because it's quite high specced, I'm quite curious to try programming (OBDeleven or VCDS). It would be interesting to see if Trailer Assist, (I think the car satisfies the pre-requirements) Mirror Deflect (for reverse), Boot open from inside, can be turned on. Apparently custom colours for the LED ambient lighting are also possible (coding values 0..255 for each of Red, Green, Blue). Or if, as one recent post says, the programming is getting more restrictive. 

I'm also mulling fitting a polished stainless bumper loading lip protector (http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-Combi-massive-stainless-steel-rear-bumper-protective-panel-V3

I'm grateful there's such a wealth of knowledge in the forum, also concerning MY18!