Superb MY18 news - when?

8 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

That is great information EoinM thanks! I will certainly put the push on. Your spec sounds near identical to mine except hatch.

Hopefully you get sorted out. But keep pushing the dealer. They might be able to help. 

Actually noticed I had amunsden in twice, meant heated screen. 

just been told that my Superb is now with the dealer and delivery will be next Monday or Tuesday. it was ordered mid end of March. Don't know if it is MY18, it is a company car so don't know who the dealer is yet.

12 hours ago, EoinM said:

When did you order? I ordered the end of May and was told 12 weeks. Got a week 30 build date. 

Ordered mine beginning of May and still not got a build date :crying:

3 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

@EoinM how long after ordering did you get the build week? I presume its another 4-5 weeks or more after build week for delivery?

Called the dealer two weeks after the order and got the build date. 

• Like 1

Mine arrived at the dealer on Friday, ready to collect tomorrow, but couldn't get time off and flights to Glasgow at a sensible price. So flying up Thursday lunchtime and the dealer is collecting me from my hotel Friday morning. Will get excited when I have checked the car is all present and correct.

14 hours ago, knfruitbat said:

Mine arrived at the dealer on Friday, ready to collect tomorrow, but couldn't get time off and flights to Glasgow at a sensible price. So flying up Thursday lunchtime and the dealer is collecting me from my hotel Friday morning. Will get excited when I have checked the car is all present and correct.

sorry if ive missed something but any reason you got a new car from Glasgow and live in Essex as never thought of doing this for new cars

21 hours ago, EoinM said:

Called the dealer two weeks after the order and got the build date. 

All my dealer tells me when I ring its still at status 10 when it goes to 20 he will let me know. When I ordered the dealer said they would interrupt one of their build slots so would get mine sooner, although doubt this is the case because they will have a record of their build slots surely ?

initially I was told 10-12weeks when I ordered on 5th May, thinking if it does not come until August I will hold off taking delivery until September for the new reg

I collected mine. It is ,well,superb :biggrin:

Dsg shifts like a dream,so smooth and fast. That new multimedia device is really something,very sharp graphics,fast responce,pairs whith phone very easily and quickly. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fiki said:

Dsg shifts like a dream,so smooth and fast. That new multimedia device is really something,very sharp graphics,fast responce,pairs whith phone very easily and quickly. 

Making me jealous now ;)

Glad you like it

2 hours ago, kezwald said:

sorry if ive missed something but any reason you got a new car from Glasgow and live in Essex as never thought of doing this for new cars

Assume he's buying via a broker.  I Did similar but in reverse, travelled from Lancashire down to Kent to pick mine up from dealers.

3 minutes ago, Neil201 said:

Assume he's buying via a broker.  I Did similar but in reverse, travelled from Lancashire down to Kent to pick mine up from dealers.

Ahh forgot about that, did cross my mind he was going to give his new car a leisurely drive back home lol, although on the other hand there is nothing leisurely about the M6

9 hours ago, kezwald said:

Simple, prices locally averaged about £4000 more. £12.99 flight from Stansted to Glasgow, £7.60 train journey, £38 for hotel (including breakfast) and the dealer is going to fill the tank to the brim. Get to drive home as per Rainmakers guide, so some motorway, but some alternatives as well. Not in a hurry home, might actually go North first. Weather forecast doesn't look to good, but the Ayrshire coast has some nice scenery, I would say I am quids in.

Someone else on here flew from right at the top of Scotland down to the midlands for exactly the same reason, a massive discount.

It was Factory ordered at the end of March, not pre-reg, so why some dealers can offer stonking deals and one locally wanted more than the website configurator price is beyond me.

Edited by knfruitbat

9 hours ago, kezwald said:

All my dealer tells me when I ring its still at status 10 when it goes to 20 he will let me know. When I ordered the dealer said they would interrupt one of their build slots so would get mine sooner, although doubt this is the case because they will have a record of their build slots surely ?

initially I was told 10-12weeks when I ordered on 5th May, thinking if it does not come until August I will hold off taking delivery until September for the new reg

I got a call back on mine earlier. Ordered 26th May and build week is definitely 30. 

8 hours ago, fiki said:

Enjoy the car!

Any chance of a few pics of the interior and dash? There's very little out there of the new amunsden on a sportline. 

1 hour ago, knfruitbat said:
1 hour ago, knfruitbat said:

Simple, prices locally averaged about £4000 more.

cant fault you there and a full tank of fuel wow

I really don't like how few shortcut buttons there are on this new columbus.

@EoinM

I have bolero because of the very stupid equipment package in my country it is not considered standard in sportline,but is on a lower priced Style,so i forgot to order it. I can post pics of that if you are interested,it is same device just no sat nav (you can hook up your phone for android auto so you have sat nav too). 

I am happy with it in terms of speed,functionality,sound sistem is light years ahead of the one in my old octavia,also i like the screen size,it is even a bit too big for my taste.

Also,it is a fingerprint magnet,but looks so much better than the old unit just because it is completly flat and sleek,thanks to that all glass face. Really made that head unit look more expensive,at least in my opinion. 

But I must say the best thing about this car is the seats,they offer so much support and grip,perforated alcantara doen't make you sweat like leather does,holds you in place better and because these seats are bigger than those in l&k they are much better for taller individuals. 

So i would recomend sportline over l&k if you don't mind few electronic gadgets but want things that really make your driving experience better(ypu can always check those boxes and make it a bit more expensive than l&k,but looks sharper,again my 2 cents).

Edited by fiki
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fiki said:

I really don't like how few shortcut buttons there are on this new columbus.

I think that is actually the point. Less buttons to look for, as you can't feel them any more. Then use the large screen icons and the wheel mounted controls.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm who as taken delivery of a SEL exec in the UK with the newer 9.2" screen, whether or not it still has the dvd unit in the glove box please

3 hours ago, kezwald said:

Can anyone confirm who as taken delivery of a SEL exec in the UK with the newer 9.2" screen, whether or not it still has the dvd unit in the glove box please

yes it does, also Skoda Connect is active and the features are great. Posting some pics of the new screen.

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joi said:

yes it does, also Skoda Connect is active and the features are great. Posting some pics of the new screen.

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

Could you also tell me please if it has courtesy lights in the rear doors and foot well lights front/rear ?

Cant wait to get mine

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kezwald said:

Could you also tell me please if it has courtesy lights in the rear doors and foot well lights front/rear ?

Cant wait to get mine

There are footwell lights front and rear. Can only get lights on front doors to illuminate. Might be a settings issue as there is a light in place, or possibly it is not wired.