Superb MY18 news - when?

9 hours ago, kezwald said:

i know what you all mean with the new 9.2" finger print magnet screen, but I cant see me having anything other as mine has not even had status 20 yet. I will be on the hunt for something similar to what they use on mobiles these day to cut down/prevent it becoming a finger print magnet even if I have to cut it to size. Failing that theres always a microfiber cloth after every journey B)

I test drove the Passat sport with the virtual dash before ordering the Superb and was not sure on it but suppose we will all have to accept it a few years down the line.......it would have been every boy racers dreams in the 70s and 80s lol

What is status 20? Where do you find this stuff out?

Edited by AandOsDad

22 minutes ago, AandOsDad said:

What is status 20? Where do you find this stuff out?

Dealer told me so yours should be able to advise you..i think it means when your car is given a build date and when certain options can no longer be added as I went in to add traffic sign recognition as I wanted the multifunction camera so I could enable other options via VCDS that use it,  and he checked on computer and said I can still add it as its not reached status 20

Someone with more knowledge in the brand will tell us different if that's not the case

Hey everybody

I ordered Superb 1.6 TDI DSG Prestige with some extras last week. Dealer said my order will be arrived our country in Week31. 

I will be an expected changement / application as about MY18, will be applied all changement to the cars deliver to all country as well.. from which date on ?
Also i know just two changement about MY18 that Glass design infotainment screen and new gear knob. 
Is there another different changement? Will be included for our orders with MY18 as well ?

On 5/17/2017 at 00:25, Muty said:

I will be an expected changement / application as about MY18, will be applied all changement to the cars deliver to all country as well.. from which date on ?

@Muty From what others have said in this post, I believe everything built after week 22 (May 29th onward) will get the MY18 changes, regardless of country origins of the order and delivery.

As for the actual changes I'm not sure other than those you already mention, I'm sure someone with more knowledge on those can comment. 

• Like 1

The Skoda UK car configurator has now been updated. 

Massage function for drivers seat @ £150 but must be taken in conjunction with Ventilated seats @ £425. 

Larger infotainment system. 

The option to adjust front passenger seat from rear has now been removed. (£75)

TV tuner option is no longer available. 

The price of my car on configurator has gone up by £150. 

Added the massage function, but deleted the front seat adjustment from rear so should have gone up by £75?? 

The TV tuner which I have as standard on my current 2015 L&K, was an £850 option, however, it's been removed altogether now. But then again, in this day an age of FHD/4K TV's, watching anything on the SD screen of the Columbus unit was not an enjoyable experience at all. It doesn't surprise me they've deleted the option of the TV tuner altogether! 

Edited by octavialover
Typo

34 minutes ago, octavialover said:

The Skoda UK car configurator has now been updated. 

The Swiss configurator is being updated now. 

An error message indicates an invalid/unavailable configuration would result and allows only "OK" acknowledgement and closes the configurator. 

11 minutes ago, MrArO said:

Hi, my car was built around 2 days ago, is it 18 model year or 17?

It's Combi with 280bhp.

Week 22 starts (the MY changeover) on Monday 29th May.

So your will be a MY17

• Like 2

Hi all

Swiss Superb configurator now implemented, new Columbus, new wheel selection, no torch in boot selectable, new Care Connect, slightly different combinations but often the required additions cost 0.00

Updated visualisations, after configuration. During config, the visualisations can still be the old ones. Also some interior thumbnail images "broken" until one moves to the next view. 

Hope this was useful.

All the best to all, Rob

SuperbMY2018-Interior1.jpg

SuperbMY2018-Interior2.jpg

SuperbMY2018-Interior3.jpg

SkodaSuperb05-MY2018.jpeg

SkodaSuperb06-MY2018.jpeg

SkodaSuperb10a-MY2018.jpeg

SkodaSuperb12-MY2018.jpeg

is the Style equal to the SE L or L&K in the U.K the only reason I'm asking is its showing tri zone and sure its still an option in The U.K on the SEL

11 hours ago, kezwald said:

is the Style equal to the SE L or L&K in the U.K the only reason I'm asking is its showing tri zone and sure its still an option in The U.K on the SEL

Hi Kez

Style is the trim level below L&K. Climatronic is available as an option on all trim levels here. I'm not familiar with the UK specs. 

Here the trim levels go

Active - Steel 16" wheels, Onyx (black) only interior, no "packs" available, only Bolero or Amundsen, + Infotainment Online 3 Jahre + Care Connect (Remote Access (1 year) & Proactive Services)  etc...

Ambition - Zeus 17" alloy wheels, Onyx (black) only interior, High-Tech & High-Lux (Amundsen) packs available, many other options + Infotainment Online 3 Jahre + Care Connect (Remote Access (1 year) & Proactive Services)  etc...

Style - Stratos 17" alloy wheels, Onyx (black) & Beige interiors available, High Tech and Comfort (Columbus) packs available, many other options + Infotainment Online 3 Jahre + Care Connect (Remote Access (1 year) & Proactive Services)  etc...

L&K - All bells 'n whistles (goodies) + Added Infotainment Online 3 Jahre + Care Connect (Remote Access (1 year) & Proactive Services)  etc...

There is an option (new to me) called Acoustic Pack ("Akustikpaket") with noise-reducing front side windows with extended interior noise reduction measures ("Seitenscheiben vorn geräuschdämmend, erweiterte Innengeräuschdämmung").
Can be ordered with or without SunSet (darkened rear windows). Available on Ambition, Style and L&K (but not "Active"). 

Hope this was useful!

All the best, Rob

Edited by SwissRob
Add signoff.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SwissRob said:

Style is the trim level below L&K. Climatronic is available as an option on all trim levels here.

thought it was and I was missing out on something here lol as its an option in the U.K. ive ordered the SEL so same as your Style

In the U.K trim levels are S, SE, SE Business SE L Executive and L&K. The Sport line I haven't added in to the list

On 18 Mayıs 2017 at 22:10, Gizmo68 said:

Week 22 starts (the MY changeover) on Monday 29th May.

So your will be a MY17

What kind of changment are there for MY18 ?

17 minutes ago, Muty said:

MY18 starts from week 22 May 29th all the changes are in this topic, the latter pages are more accurate to those changes as the Skoda's My18 configurator came about so that's available to look at on Skoda website depending on model you want 

I may have missed something somewhere in the online info ... but can anyone clarify what is high level function rear LEDs as opposed to the low level function rear LEDs?

8 hours ago, Muty said:

Hi Muty

If you look at the Swiss configurator (available in French, Italian, German here's a link to French, for example: http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CHE/CHE/fr-ch ) you will be able to see what is in MY18. 

Continue to the end of the configuration because some of the visualisations have not been updated. 

I hope this was helpful. 

(Changement est un mot français, non?)

All the best, Rob

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 08:22, SwissRob said:

There is an option (new to me) called Acoustic Pack ("Akustikpaket") with noise-reducing front side windows with extended interior noise reduction measures ("Seitenscheiben vorn geräuschdämmend, erweiterte Innengeräuschdämmung").
Can be ordered with or without SunSet (darkened rear windows). Available on Ambition, Style and L&K (but not "Active"). 

I know you're in a different market but how much is that option out of interest?  I wonder how effective it is?

4 minutes ago, Superb170 said:

I know you're in a different market but how much is that option out of interest?  I wonder how effective it is?

Hi Superb170

I had a quick look at the Swiss configurator - WITH Sunset the acoustic option costs CHF 400.- (about GBP 315.-), WITHOUT Sunset, it costs CHF 150.- (about GBP 118.-)

Sunset alone costs CHF 250.- (about GBP 197.-) so buying them together is not a saving. :o  BTW these are the official Skoda.ch prices. What a dealer may choose to charge may vary. 

The descriptions of the options do not contain any information about the effectiveness of the noise reduction. It would be useful to know how many dB overall with what weighting characteristic eg. from the typical driver's position and under what conditions. Or a before/after comparison. 

Hope this was helpful. 

All the best, Rob

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwissRob said:

The descriptions of the options do not contain any information about the effectiveness of the noise reduction

next they will be saying all windows are triple glazed :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

7 minutes ago, SwissRob said:

Hi Superb170

I had a quick look at the Swiss configurator - WITH Sunset the acoustic option costs CHF 400.- (about GBP 315.-), WITHOUT Sunset, it costs CHF 150.- (about GBP 118.-)

Sunset alone costs CHF 250.- (about GBP 197.-) so buying them together is not a saving. :o  BTW these are the official Skoda.ch prices. What a dealer may choose to charge may vary. 

The descriptions of the options do not contain any information about the effectiveness of the noise reduction. It would be useful to know how many dB overall with what weighting characteristic eg. from the typical driver's position and under what conditions. Or a before/after comparison. 

Hope this was helpful. 

All the best, Rob

Thanks Rob.  I was just curious as I've seen something being offered on the Passat but not sure if it is actually very effective or not.  I doubt it is anything near the acoustic glass on some of the Mercs and Audis.

3 minutes ago, Superb170 said:

I doubt it is anything near the acoustic glass on some of the Mercs and Audis.

Kez' comment got me Googling and I found a few who commented in other (old) forums that their Merc/BMW/Range Rover/Audi/... etc has it and that it seems to make a difference but they can't say how much...

ATB, Rob