Superb MY18 news - when?

4 hours ago, joi said:

There are footwell lights front and rear. Can only get lights on front doors to illuminate. Might be a settings issue as there is a light in place, or possibly it is not wired. 

Thanks again :)

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

If the rear door warning lights do not illuminate then they are reflectors and no wiring loom will be present. 

Do you happen to have a wiring diagram for the rear door cards ?

I intend to fit them at some point although not priority, when my car actually arrives, which shouldn't prove to difficult given my job. Although a wiring diagram is not essential but could save considerable time running tests prior. Can high or Can low that's the question;)

24 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Sorry I don't. 

When i retrofitted them to our 2010 TT it was easy enough to identify the power supply in the door controllers. 

That's what I'm thinking via door switch to retrofit lights and probably puddle lights as well. without seen it my thoughts are if needed going via a suitable diode to prevent reverse flow potentially playing havoc and although need to prevent as much voltage drop which shouldn't be to much of an issue tbh if using LED fittings, and of cause may need a resistor in there as well.

Oh well something keep me busy for a hour when I get 5:)

Hey y'all,

I'm new to this forum and will be picking up my new vehicle this morning. MY18 2.0TSI 220 sel/ex. I'm happy to take a ton of pictures and get them uploaded. Does anyone have any requests to help identify changes prior to MY18? I personally won't know the difference, but everyone likes photos right ;).  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Matt_EA888 said:

MY18 2.0TSI 220 sel/ex. I'm happy to take a ton of pictures

Hi Matt - welcome to the forum! I'm also relatively new and have a MY18 2.0 TSI 220 Estate "Style" with lots of goodies due for pickup in Switzerland on 9th August. 

One thing intrigues me - I was informed that the rechargeable boot light/torch was not orderable as an option (but it was for MY17) when I placed my order.

I'm curious to know if it has become standard equipment or if there is just a fixed light on the left hand side of the boot now.

I thought this was such a "simply clever" feature I was disappointed I couldn't order it. So that's definitely a request from me! 

I would also be interested in pictures of the DCC menu if you have that option, since i have seen conflicting pictures with/without scenic backgrounds for the settings.

And I'm jealous you'll make it to the owner's register before me!  :envy:

All the best, Rob

• Like 1

Hi Matt. Put lots of pictures on and let me know what you think of it also, I have ordered the same model for 1st September delivery so will be nice to see what it looks like . if you can let me know what the infotainment system is like  and enjoy.

Edited by Pegasus26
addition

18 minutes ago, SwissRob said:

Hi Matt - welcome to the forum! I'm also relatively new and have a MY18 2.0 TSI 220 Estate "Style" with lots of goodies due for pickup in Switzerland on 9th August. 

One thing intrigues me - I was informed that the rechargeable boot light/torch was not orderable as an option (but it was for MY17) when I placed my order.

I'm curious to know if it has become standard equipment or if there is just a fixed light on the left hand side of the boot now.

I thought this was such a "simply clever" feature I was disappointed I couldn't order it. So that's definitely a request from me! 

I would also be interested in pictures of the DCC menu if you have that option, since i have seen conflicting pictures with/without scenic backgrounds for the settings.

And I'm jealous you'll make it to the owner's register before me!  :envy:

All the best, Rob

Hi Swiss Rob,

i am to to collect the car in the next 30 mins :)  I can confirm however, the rechargeable boot light does come as standard on MY18 models. 

In regards to the infotainment, I will create a separate YouTube video and go through the functions. The DCC sport/ individual manu graphics look stunning. I fact the dealer made it clear that the superb's version of the 9.2" Columbus is superior to that in the Octavia. I have seen both and can confirm the fit an finish of this display is sublime. Honestly it feels like you are using a tablet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Matt_EA888 said:

i am to to collect the car in the next 30 mins :)  I can confirm however, the rechargeable boot light does come as standard on MY18 models

Nice one ;) 

Welcome Matt

27 minutes ago, SwissRob said:

Lets hope they keep the same spec for you Rob as they have in the U.K

Yippee! Happy, happy me! :biggrin:

Many thanks, @Matt_EA888 ! 

13 hours ago, kezwald said:

Lets hope they keep the same spec for you Rob as they have in the U.K

I can't wait! I really hope so! 

I plan to video and photo-document my collection/handover ceremony and hopefully post on YouTube for all to experience. My dealer already agreed. 

Should be uploaded sometime after 9th August. 

Matt - enjoy your new beauty! All the best, Rob

• Like 1

Hi guys,

after collection I filled with  the suggested 97octaine and made my way down to south. My first impressions are out of this world. I departed from an 66 plate BMW X1 25d 231bhp. And jumped into the most comfortable car I have ever had the privilege to drive. By the time I get back on Thursday I will write a full report with many pictures. For now though, all I can say is that this lovely machine rides better that the BMW 5 and Eclass I drove a few months back. 

Additionally, the fuel toques achieve during just the break in mileage was very suppressing, better than that of the BMW even. 

IMG_4488.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

IMG_4487.JPG

looks nice mate:) I'm glad they did not opt for the twin light system from the Octy  sitting next to it, along with the size difference wow.

It truly is Superb sitting by the BMW  as well. Cant wait until 11am Monday :biggrin:

Enjoy !

Still on the road. No further pictures untill im home. Break in miles almost complete. Computer reading total of 754miles once its finished draining its first tank of 97oct, well that depends on how heavy my right foot becomes after 500miles. I didnt realise the tank was 65L until the total reached over £80 but then again 43MPG (Mixed driving) i shouldn't complain.

PROs so far -

Ride comfort-----  Coming from the BMW with such a harsh ride, its a given that i would find anything to resemble a boat. But, some how Skoda have pulled it off. An absolute pleasure to cruise around in yet eats corners with very little body role, even less than that of the BMW.

Adaptive Cruise Control------ Where have you been all my life. On the motorway, just change lanes and that it........ Beautiful

That Engine! ----- The EA888 has been used in many applications, from the OCTI to the RS3. But in the Superb, under gentle acceleration you question if your driving a hybrid its that quiet. Give it a little squeeze and it drops a couple of cogs and you get a delightful growl. The "sound Aktor" is not present but the car is so quiet, you hear all the engine and turbo noises (after about 50% throttle) . The Blow off noise isnt that sharp hiss as you would expect either , it more like a turbine engine slowing down. Anyway.... in terms of acceleration, despite being down on power compared to the BMW ( X1 232ps, 450nm) Superb (220ps, 350nm) and having a slower 0-60 time, she some how feels and goes with absolute gusto. Swift overtake on an A road and you will not missread the speedo displaying also 100 eeek.

CONS so Far

Electric Boot Lid ---- When openeing with the keyfob ONLY, you get a rather loud beeping nosise from the rear. Bit like a reversing HGV. Being a safety feature, i havnt found a way to disable it yet. I might try locating the speaker ;)

Um...... Any more cons.....?

Push button Start not standard..... Havn't had to use a key in 10 years...

There is a lot of gloss black Trim next to th gear lever. Brought some tablet cleaning wipes and stored them in the dash. PROBLEM SOLVED :D

Oh and the Skoda connect service has to connect to your hotspot, and on Iphone, it means you have to turn the HOTSPOT off and back on each time you start the engine.

Thats it for now.

Full review to come..

Chow

• Like 1

Hi Matt

Sounds amazing I can't wait!

For the boot lid beep maybe you could turn it off with OBDeleven or VCDS or maybe even a menu option?

Sounds like it's worth spending a bit of effort to turn off.

I'm thrilled for you with your new car! Enjoy! And looking forward to your posts  when you get back home!

All the best, Rob

26 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The boot beeps can indeed be silenced with  VCDS.  

Gizmo do you know where the speaker is, so I can dull the sound as soon as I pick mine up Monday. Thinking it may be a good idea until I get it sorted via VCDS given I have  an autistic child.

Whilst you are here you mentioned the Race chips XLR peddle box somewhere, do you have this, if so why did you choose over DTUK, is anyone better than the other.

I was going to start a new thread just handy you popped in here for your initial thoughts

1 hour ago, Matt_EA888 said:

Still on the road. No further pictures untill im home. Break in miles almost complete. Computer reading total of 754miles once its finished draining its first tank of 97oct, well that depends on how heavy my right foot becomes after 500miles. I didnt realise the tank was 65L until the total reached over £80 but then again 43MPG (Mixed driving) i shouldn't complain.

PROs so far -

Ride comfort-----  Coming from the BMW with such a harsh ride, its a given that i would find anything to resemble a boat. But, some how Skoda have pulled it off. An absolute pleasure to cruise around in yet eats corners with very little body role, even less than that of the BMW.

Adaptive Cruise Control------ Where have you been all my life. On the motorway, just change lanes and that it........ Beautiful

That Engine! ----- The EA888 has been used in many applications, from the OCTI to the RS3. But in the Superb, under gentle acceleration you question if your driving a hybrid its that quiet. Give it a little squeeze and it drops a couple of cogs and you get a delightful growl. The "sound Aktor" is not present but the car is so quiet, you hear all the engine and turbo noises (after about 50% throttle) . The Blow off noise isnt that sharp hiss as you would expect either , it more like a turbine engine slowing down. Anyway.... in terms of acceleration, despite being down on power compared to the BMW ( X1 232ps, 450nm) Superb (220ps, 350nm) and having a slower 0-60 time, she some how feels and goes with absolute gusto. Swift overtake on an A road and you will not missread the speedo displaying also 100 eeek.

CONS so Far

Electric Boot Lid ---- When openeing with the keyfob ONLY, you get a rather loud beeping nosise from the rear. Bit like a reversing HGV. Being a safety feature, i havnt found a way to disable it yet. I might try locating the speaker ;)

Um...... Any more cons.....?

Push button Start not standard..... Havn't had to use a key in 10 years...

There is a lot of gloss black Trim next to th gear lever. Brought some tablet cleaning wipes and stored them in the dash. PROBLEM SOLVED :D

Oh and the Skoda connect service has to connect to your hotspot, and on Iphone, it means you have to turn the HOTSPOT off and back on each time you start the engine.

Thats it for now.

Full review to come..

Chow

nice insight cant wait till 11am Monday:biggrin: thanks

58 minutes ago, kezwald said:

Gizmo do you know where the speaker is, so I can dull the sound as soon as I pick mine up Monday. Thinking it may be a good idea until I get it sorted via VCDS given I have  an autistic child.

Whilst you are here you mentioned the Race chips XLR peddle box somewhere, do you have this, if so why did you choose over DTUK, is anyone better than the other.

I was going to start a new thread just handy you popped in here for your initial thoughts

I’m not sure but IIRC it is behind the tailgate trim.

I have the earlier version of the XLR (Response Control) and went for them after a few good reports on here.... and the fact that I have used DTUK previously and do not wish to repeat that process, their product may be good? but my experience of their customer service is anything but that.

The pedal boxes certainly make the car what it should have been out of the box and is well worth the investment IMO.

Edited by Gizmo

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I’m not sure but IIRC it is behind the tailgate trim.

I have the earlier version of the XLR (Response Control) and went for them after a few good reports on here.... and the fact that I have used DTUK previously and do not wish to repeat that process, their product may be good? but my experience of they customer service is anything but that.

The pedal boxes certainly make the car what it should have been out of the box and is well worth the investment IMO.

I think I need to do something tbh, at the moment my daily drive is my trusty Saab 9-3 TTid Aero mapped to 238hp and the other half drives the Kuga which we both hate although torquey little number at 400Nm if not that quick but it going to make way for the  S3 which I fell in love with and will become my daily driver and family car.

Hence the concerns I am having and reasoning for asking you. If my brain had not of over ruled my heart at time of ordering the S3 I would have come out with the 280 plus the other half in my ear telling me I have my little Pug 205gti pushing out 300hp + (fully race prepared btw) and we were after something economical, which makes sence

I have absolutely no regrets buying the 150 S3 and cant wait to pick it up Monday, just know I will have to make a few tweaks without voiding the warranty, in my eyes one hell of a family car for anyone to own:)

Thank you for you input and sorry to go off topic a bit lads

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 10:13, Matt_EA888 said:

I can confirm however, the rechargeable boot light does come as standard on MY18 models. 

Hi All

I have a different experience! :dry: (Sigh, sad look on face...)

Despite using the MY17 configurator to order the detachable LED boot light, it was NOT fitted to my MY18 Superb Style+ 220PS DSG6 :sadsmile:

The dealer did already tell me around order time, that it wouldn't be orderable, but I assumed it was because it was becoming a standard item. Well, not here. 

However! I did order the high intensity "MEGA Power LED" Combi boot lights fro SuperSkoda in anticipation.

And they are great! Highly recommended!

Light years better than the anaemic glow worms fitted as standard!

There is a trick to fitting them, though - watch and follow the fitting video that SuperSkoda has produced: 

Highly recommended! In my opinion, money well spent (about €35.00) 

All the best, Rob