BOV on vRS 2.0 TSI

Hi guys... I want to buy a BOV on my vRS MY2014 from Forge http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Blow_Off_Valve_and_Kit_for_Audi_and_VW_18_and_20_TSI--product--987.html and Iam asking.. Have this anyone? Is it better than original? Any positive or negative? Increase that ventil motor, or turbo condition?

Thanks for answer :)

45 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

thanks for info, and do u think thats a much better as a stock version of BOV? what are positives?

don't get the forge one. It adds complication to the system thats not needed. It uses a additonal  Solenoid to make it function. Which will make it slower than the oem one.

The best one is the GFB one. This doesnt give you the dump noise. If that is what your after, stick a uprated airfilter on. Most kits will give you some induction/dump noise.

I'm using a vwr600 kit. Its enclosed yet you can still here it dumping.

Edited by john_20v
  • Like 1

Was just reading up on the GFB DV you mentioned john_20v :thumbup: & it's definitely a vast improvement & reasonably priced compared to the Forge DV, also suited better for the application/task in hand.

Was reading this from a Golf mk7 forum

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6738

No doubt that if you are running a remap then the GFB DV will be a good upgrade or even a good upgrade regardless of running a remap.

Noticed that there is 2 veriants/versions to choose from:

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/gfb/gfb-dv-for-vag-20fsi-turbo-engines

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/gfb/gfb-dv-for-vag-2-0tfsi-ea888-gen3-engines/

Suppose the Gen3 version is probably the more correct DV to choose for the mk3?

12 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

Was just reading up on the GFB DV you mentioned john_20v :thumbup: & it's definitely a vast improvement & reasonably priced compared to the Forge DV, also suited better for the application/task in hand.

Was reading this from a Golf mk7 forum

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6738

No doubt that if you are running a remap then the GFB DV will be a good upgrade or even a good upgrade regardless of running a remap.

Noticed that there is 2 veriants/versions to choose from:

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/gfb/gfb-dv-for-vag-20fsi-turbo-engines

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/gfb/gfb-dv-for-vag-2-0tfsi-ea888-gen3-engines/

Suppose the Gen3 version is probably the more correct DV to choose for the mk3?

The top one is fine, the bottom one is for the is38 turbo as its a larger housing, but will also fit.

Edited by buck890
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes still working like the day I installed it you will not be disappointed I'm pushing 22-23psi boost through it every day and the response time from off boost to on is so much faster than the stock DV 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, worthyd74 said:

Yes still working like the day I installed it you will not be disappointed I'm pushing 22-23psi boost through it every day and the response time from off boost to on is so much faster than the stock DV 

Nice B) :thumbup: Can't wait :)

Be careful and patient installing the inlet tube to the Turbo after the new DV is in place as it is larger than the stock unit and also oil up the internals of the new DV with engine oil.  From memory I think the instructions are sufficient just be sure to follow them well.

• Like 1

Thanks worthyd74 for the tips :thumbup: I did check a few youtube vids showing about oiling up the piston. Its a mk6 GTI but I suppose the concept is the same. 

Also an install vid on a mk7 GTI which I presume is more applicable to the mk3 Skoda TSI

Edited by BATVANVRS

First of have to thank awesome GTI for there great service in supplying the GFB DV+ B) fast service & reliable.

Fitted the GFB DV+ this morning, quite a easy job with installation taking around an hour. (followed the youtube video mk7 GTI video above as a guidance) along with the well explained instructions that actually come with the GFB DV+.

I never had any issue with my original stock DV (revision c) but I thought why not try the GFB DV+ for £105 especially after reading up on some great reviews about the product & GFB as a company.

Even thou my throttle has been alright (maybe a slight delay in responsiveness i.e pick up on acceleration) it is definitely a lot more responsive with the GFB DV+ fitted, like there is no lag or power delay from planting your foot down on the pedal to the actual car thinking about moving etc...

I did a quick short test only today as I've had a busy day scheduled ahead with other things that had priority but I did notice that on a short journey test the GFB DV+ has a great overall response & its noticeable straightaway especially on the throttle.

Its like it holds the boost or power so much more better than the standard DV & its also like its available on the throttle within an instant & not delayed compared to the stock DV.

The only 1 thing that I can say that seemed to worry me after fitting the GFB DV+ is I was getting a flutter noise when coming off of low boost so basically you would accelerate & then quickly come off of the accelerator you would hear a flutter kind of noise, which got me a little worried but then I remembered that I had a forum post saved from when I was searching for info about the GFB DV+ which I found had a lot of answers to my issue.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6152600-Go-Fast-Bits-(GFB)-DV-Review

So had a quick look through & bingo! found the answers.

I'm also running a stage 1 map (custom written) with the standard/OEM air box filter & the GFB DV+ is the only other mod I'm running on the vrs, I find the power or drive delivery with the DV+ more linear & smooth, progressive/stable but controlled! where as before on the stock DV I found the power to feel more rugged/explosive & not controlled, more like just wham bam. (need to test more)

I need to do a more in-depth test to make sure that I'm fully happy of its involvement within my vehicle & its not just a placebo effect, I can't tell at this stage due to the fact that I didn't get enough time today but the time that I did get, I managed to feel what I have explained above. :thumbup: so I would say at this point, so far so happy.

Hopefully it's here to stay otherwise it will be £105 wasted :sadsmile:

Update:

I've decided the GFB DV+ is not best suited for my DSG, the throttle response was improved greatly but other than that it don't benefit a DSG as it would a manual vehicle, just my personal experience & findings etc...

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 00:49, worthyd74 said:

Which tune are you using? 

On 2/25/2017 at 23:00, BATVANVRS said:

That link seems to go to a DV for a mk6 GTI. Here is the link for the Golf MK7 / Octavia MK3 version, which looks very different.

Are you sure the link you posted is the right one? There's a 50 quid price difference too. Edit: Just saw what @buck890 wrote.

Edited by mabnz

1 hour ago, worthyd74 said:

Superchips stage 1

Sweet. And what is the point of lubricating the inside of the DV+ with engine oil first, or just the seals?

• 4 years later...