Two tone horn

JWvrs25

I was wondering what horn i could fit to my car to make it louder.

The standard horn is a low freq one and sounds alright but would like something louder.

Could i add another high pitched horn along side the original to make a two tone?

I don't have a wiring diagram, but that will work as long as you use a relay to switch in the current to the second horn.

Alternatively you could drill some holes in the base of the LH side grille to make it easier for the noise to get out.

I did wonder if i would have to fit relays etc. 

Its plastic horn as opposed to the disc type that I've seen on earlier models- aims downwards so not sure whether drilling the grill will help at all.

I haven't heard a car with a single tone horn for years!

The VRS has dual tone as standard,just replaced both of mine as the high tone failed.

the new ones are much louder.

search eBay for Fabia VRS horn :)

I am about to fit one of these to my Ducato motorhome, as the original horn sounds like an asthmatic blowing a Kazoo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stebel-Nautilus-Compact-black-horn-12V-for-cars-motorcycles-extremely-loud-/302200513378?hash=item465c8de362:g:OQYAAOSw0gdXTZss

I made the mistake of bench testing it in the garage, I forgot to wear my cans and my ears rang for some time after.....

On 30/01/2017 at 17:06, coskev said:

I haven't heard a car with a single tone horn for years!

The VRS has dual tone as standard,just replaced both of mine as the high tone failed.

the new ones are much louder.

search eBay for Fabia VRS horn :)

Will keep an eye out for some