Cam belt interval

kaasboer09

Hi, as mentioned in my previous post I'm on the outlook for a Yeti. I am currently considering a 2.0TDI from late 2009 with 140.000km (86k miles). The dealer says that the belt was never changed, since this only has to be done every 180.000km (110k miles). Isn't there a time interval as well? 3/4/5years? 

Does anyone have an overview of all the regular maintenance intervals for a 2.0TDI? That would be really useful :-)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Used to be 4 on my first yeti, age related, no matter how low the mileage.

At least it has gone to 5 years now

My wife's fabia 1.9tdi was relatively low mileage so we stretched it to 8 years with no issues, however car was not that valuable so I was prepared to take the risk. Part exchanged it at 13 years old without touching it again.

As after 3 years the warranty has gone it is really up to the owner as to the risk he will take. Some makes go on mileage and ignore age so most normal owners would never have to change it.