Mk2 Fabia headlight bulb replacement

Is there a simpler way than removing the front bar to get at the headlights in the Fabia? There's next to no space back there so I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking I'll just oull the bar off and remove the headlights, it honestly seems like less hassle than getting at the finicky little clips and such that hold the plugs on. Please, if at all possible, tell me im wrong!:D:D:D

It took me 8 minutes to change both headlights bulbs in our Fabia this morning. The difficult bit was the passenger side due to the battery. About 2 minutes on the drivers side and 6 on the passenger side :D

Both failed whilst the wife was on the way to work whilst it was pitch black!

25 minutes ago, Nathanio said:

It took me 8 minutes to change both headlights bulbs in our Fabia this morning. The difficult bit was the passenger side due to the battery. About 2 minutes on the drivers side and 6 on the passenger side :D

Both failed whilst the wife was on the way to work whilst it was pitch black!

You don't have a diesel do you lol

& Neither does the op, so it is a case of working blind by feel but not making a song and dance about it,

once you get your arm in and your fingers in place you push and twist a little.  The bulb holder that is.

Right hand at the battery side and left hand at the other usually for the outside lights. 

2 hours ago, AMD87 said:

You don't have a diesel do you lol

Thankfully no!

2 hours ago, Offski said:

& Neither does the op, so it is a case of working blind by feel but not making a song and dance about it,

once you get your arm in and your fingers in place you push and twist a little.  The bulb holder that is.

Right hand at the battery side and left hand at the other usually for the outside lights. 

You can see ok if you have decent light.