Do you get a car jack with puncture kit

cng

Hi simple question for those of you with UK spec cars. If your car came originally without a space saver spare and you have that puncture foam kit instead, do you still get a car jack ?

No jack or wheel brace supplied, just the can of gunk and compressor, likewise if you spec the spare wheel you do not get the gunk or compressor.

I suppose the theory is why supply the tools to change a wheel when you do not have a wheel to fit??

3 minutes ago, Gizmo68 said:

No jack or wheel brace supplied, just the can of gunk and compressor, likewise if you spec the spare wheel you do not get the gunk or compressor.

I suppose the theory is why supply the tools to change a wheel when you do not have a wheel to fit??

Well - tyre rotation, taking a wheel off say to have a close look at brake discs perhaps ?

Yesterday repaired a leak from bottom of Fabia washer bottle- easy fix , but wheel has to come to off to access things.

I suppose space saving wheel PLUS jack available to buy?

Trouble is the jacks supplied with the car are not really designed for car maintenance, more of a ‘get you out of trouble’.

Wheel rotation would be interesting to say the least with just the 4 wheels on the car and the OEM jack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gizmo68 said:

Wheel rotation would be interesting to say the least with just the 4 wheels on the car and the OEM jack.

You'd be okay with directional winter tyres, I guess, as long as the jack lifts the whole side of the car.

Problem for me was, the only time I had to remove a wheel, I couldn't budge the wheel bolts! I bought a proper, extending wheel nut wrench and have never needed it...

I was in the dealer showroom a couple weeks ago and they were displaying an accessory spare tyre/fitting tool kit for their cars.

I doubt very much if the widow maker (OEM jack) would lift the car high enough for two wheels to come off the ground, bear in mind the OE jacking points are at each end of the sills, jack anywhere else (which is NOT strengthened) and the sills will probably collapse.