Interior cleaner

stanian

Hi, what do people reccomend for interior cleaning? I bought some meguars interior detailer having used megs stuff before, which wasn't cheap and to be honest it falls way below expectations. It has no freshening smell, it smears, doesnt seem to help pick up dust or anything. Basically it seams to do almost nothing. So can anyone recommend something for interior cleaning.  Ta!

If you are looking for a bulk product to dilute and last you years then Autosmart G101 is the way to go.

Gtechniq I2 would be my recommendation if you're not looking for a bulk product.

http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/gtechniq-i2-tri-clean-500ml.html

cheers

Chris

• Like 1

I use Autoglym interior cleaner and I buy it in 5l quantity. It cleans, plastic leather and doent leave a film or shine. Smells really nice too.

I also have Bilti Hamber Surfex, but for inside use I prefer Autoglym.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 3

similar to the above.....

Interior Fabrics....  Autogym Interior Shampoo or AD FAB, both great and smell nice.

Interior dash and plastics.... sometimes a good clean with diluted APC first, but then finish with EZ Sleek

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've always used Sonax Xtreme Cockpit Cleaner (matt effect). Superb scrubbing abilities, lasts ages (one spray does a dash) and leaves a fresh neutral scent. The only down side is I find a slight smearing/oil effect on the tight areas around the gearbox, where the piano black gloss trim lives. No amount of scrubbing with MFs seems to shift it properly, and it keeps coming back. Because I'm a miserly sod I randomly tried out Michelin Dash Cleaner spray, because it's invariably on offer for £1 to £2 in my local bargain shops and Asda etc (RRP £6 iirc). It is also matt effect, silicone free, anti-static and is easy to use. The interior looks similarly spotless after use (it always amazes me how a fortnight's dust, mud and scrapes just disappears and the factory fresh look is restored all round in about two minutes). No scrubbing required, and unlike Sonax it doesn't leave anything behind on the gloss trim inserts. Winner winner chicken dinner. It's a quarter of the price, lasts forever and does a decent job. Sometimes the expensive/hyped stuff isn't always the best. :p

• Like 1

For the last couple of months I've been using this method ever since this vid came up on my YouTube feed, 

I'd never previously thought of using the interior shampoo on plastics. I'm really impressed with the results, though I use AG Glass Polish instead of Fast Glass.

Twice a year I give the interior a good boojie with Angelwax  Angel plastic and interior cleaner, Absolution carpet and fabric cleaner and then use Shield to protect fabrics. 

12 hours ago, Fin69 said:

For the last couple of months I've been using this method ever since this vid came up on my YouTube feed, 

I'd never previously thought of using the interior shampoo on plastics. I'm really impressed with the results, though I use AG Glass Polish instead of Fast Glass.

Twice a year I give the interior a good boojie with Angelwax  Angel plastic and interior cleaner, Absolution carpet and fabric cleaner and then use Shield to protect fabrics. 

Like a lot of detailing products, they often have multiple uses!! Just a little experimenting works wonders!