Yeti Collected Today!

SimonVespa

Well what can I say? SE L Drive 1.2 DSG collected today in the snow! Did about 100 miles visiting the Carding Mill Valley. Poor thing is minging now - a/b roads there to get used to it mainly motorway back... even managed to go through a ford!

First impressions are WOW! Unbelievably quiet and the gear change is so smooth. This is my first auto and I can really see the appeal. Backroads were a delight and effortless cruising on the motorway. I'm no speed demon and tend to stick at 70 but I must I didn't really notice the lack of overtaking power people talk about. Seemed plenty for me to stick my toe down to go past lorries etc. But like I say no speed demon and most of our long distance trips will be done in a camper anyway.

Things that have impressed me most:

• The quietness and smoothness
  • Amunsden 2 is head and shoulders above the Nissan system
  • Nice nav screen
  • Voice control
  • Reading out texts!
  • Road holding - again better than the Nissan
  • General cabin quality - again better..... you get the idea!

So glad to back behind the wheel of a Yeti again! Private plates are on (we never bothered with QQ which told us something) and tomorrows job will be the dashcam. Funny how you feel 'naked' without one after having one in the camper and previous cars! If its not too cold it will need a bath and some polish! Might pop out and try the xenons tonight - any excuse!

Cheers

S

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SimonVespa said:

Might pop out and try the xenons tonight - any excuse!

:) I've got to break myself of the habit of starting the engine several times when I get in just so I can see them do their little dance :) .

Edited by longedge
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, longedge said:

:) I've got to break myself of the habit of starting the engine several times when I get in just so I can see them do their little dance :) .

Oh so what do they do?

Congrats on the new toy.  I picked up mine yesterday and really like the xenons too - its one of the very few vehicles I've ever owned that has both good dip & main beam lights, the others being an MX5 and my motorbike - Honda Africa Twin (LED lights).  My mk2 Octavia had OK main beam but rubbish dip and the Fabia was rubbish on both, probably the worst lights of any car built since the 80's

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tin said:

Oh so what do they do?

The initial self-levelling routine :)

p.s. and I agree about the lights being good. Far far better than my last Yeti. I like the way they shine into the bends as you go round corners.

Edited by longedge