Skoda Octavia scout

Hey all I have a Octavia 09 scout diesel there is a Columbus satnav in it no Bluetooth I was given a Bluetooth module with it no leads has any one any idea how to fit it and where can I get the leads also my rear wiper stopped working Thanks for any help mark..

Welcome!

What part number is the bluetooth module?

The rear wiper is a common fault, I'm sure you can find a thread about it using the search function or someone with direct experience will be along soon :)

Hi,

Welcome to Briskoda :)

You'll need a Skoda fitted with MAxiDot, otherwise, it's a dead stop, sadly.

As is the "right" BT module (as Langers mentions)

There's a loom you'll need, a microphone and some coding. Depending on where you are in Kent, lookup Gizmo68 (and take Guiness ;) ) for the coding. I fitted my BT module behind the glovebox, where it wedged quite nicely. The mic is a dead eas install (popping trim, feeding cable), as is the loom.

Officially the BT module fits under the driver's seat in a foam holder.....not needed.

When installed, you can also voice-control the Columbus......this is about *the* most pointless feature ever. It's nothing like voice-vontrol of today.

Just to add, maxidot is not a requirement for factory BT. Some BT modules do require maxidot but others can be used without maxidot and are controlled by the headunit.

On the module you mentioned, the 5N0 035 730 C, looking at ross-tech it appears to be an premium-BT module which only support rSAP.

As it's rSAP only, the list of phones it's compatible with is much shorter than a standard BT module with HFP.

- If you have an iPhone, you'll need a different module.

- Android support is patchy.

- I don't think Windows phone supports rSAP either.

- When connected, you won't be able to use your phone for SMS or data either.

What phone do you have?

Do you have maxidot? The easiest way to check is to look at the middle panel of the instrument cluster when a door is open.

- If it changes to an image of the car showing exactly which doors are open, it's a maxidot.

- If you just have a light to warn you about an open door, it's not a maxidot.

Hey langers

just checked and it doesn't show what door opens so guesse it's not maxidot 

land I also have an iPhone ...

i may get a parrot as all I want to do is awnser my phone or make a call as I'm driving.

thanks for researching it for me much appreciated...