I am becoming increasing aware...

The Zee

....That I am spending more time looking at the road directly in front of me for potholes than taking in the wider view of the road ahead, having already replaced two tyres this year.

Is this just me?

Or others doing the same?

27 minutes ago, The Zee said:

....That I am spending more time looking at the road directly in front of me for potholes than taking in the wider view of the road ahead, having already replaced two tyres this year.

Is this just me?

Or others doing the same?

Yup, me too. The roads around my way are terrible and even when driving roads i've never been down, i find myself scanning for pot holes. Rather than giving my full attention to the road further down.

Edited by Ally_bassman

Not just you - even in the summer I seem to spend most my time weaving like a drunkard. 

Edinburgh council has just reduced the speed limit in most of the city to 20mph. They claim it's better environmentally and safer for pedestrians. 

A good old number of us think it's to cut back on damage claims against them cause they're too busy p1ssing their money up the wall than actually fix the roads. 

Edited by gullyg

I went through reporting pot holes on my route to work. I did this about 3 weeks ago. I only did them for ones which were in positions that were very difficult to avoid or could cause damage.

Most have been filled in now :-)

I used https://www.fixmystreet.com/

The only ones that hasn't been sorted is a line of small ones that are difficult to miss, however they're on a 20mph zone outside a school.