Octavia towbar

Hi can anyone recommend a towbar fitting company in the northwest area,I need one fitting to my octavia Vrs estate tdi,

any help would be great,also what price should I be paying cheers firthy

if the dealer is anything to go by you wont get much change out of bout £700. That was for twin electric sockets and a removeable tow bar.

Contact witter towbar for a quote on either a swan neck or flange detachable with twin electrics to be fitted at work or home, should be less than £400.

Mine was fitted by jninstalations Northampton.

Tidy job and the electric fittings swing down from behind the bumper when required.

Everything well hidden.

There is a bumper  cut but it will not be noticed when viewed from the rear.

• Like 1

If you go for the dedicated electrics it will work straight away. The benefits of dedicated electrics won't be available until you have it coded. The benefits are the reverse sensors switched off when connected to the trailer and the car alarm extended to the towbar electrics so if it is disconnected whilst the car is locked. You also get an image on the screen when the towbar is in use. 

• Like 1

It's something like 4-5 hours fitting time according to Skoda for the towbar and electrics. Most of that is the electrical installation: it's not hard (everything is plug and play) but you have to remove a bunch of interior panels to run the cabling from the rear of the car up to the dashboard to connect to the central electrics there.

The towbar frame is quite simply to fit but requires the bumper to be removed to do so. 

The electrics routing from the boot to the dash isn't particularly difficult requiring the removal of various trim panels and lifting the rear seat. Connection to the canbus and fuse box is more fiddly and not just plug and play. 

I fitted the towbar, taking around 3-4 hours to do taking my time. The electrics I did the following weekend and around the same time taken. 

• Like 1