What products can I use with Gtechniq CS Black/ Exo

markmuddimer

Hello all,

Having just had my new motor Gtechniq coated (Black & Exo) I wonder what products I can use over it. I dont really want to use anything wax based so avoiding those products but like most of you I have a lot of existing products that I am now worried about using.

Can anyone point me in the right direction...

Thanks all

1 hour ago, Svend said:

Hi fella. 

Gtechniq C2v3 is the ideal product for topping EXO, CSBlack, CSLite, etc... 

Simply wash with Gtechniq Gwash car shampoo, then either:

Dry with the Gtechniq Diamond weave microfibre drying towel, spray two or three squirts of C2v3 onto the cloth and wipe over a panel, turn over the cloth or use another dry one to buff off. 

or

Sheet off excess water using an open end hose and gently let the water run off the car. 

Then using a good pile microfibre cloth spray the squirts of C2v3 (diluted 1:1 or 2:1 with water for this purpose to use as a drying aid) onto the cloth and wipe over a panel, turn over the cloth or use another dry one to buff off. 

I've used Gtechniq for years and C2v3 is great for topping other Gtechniq coatings or used as a stand alone sealant. 

Don't forget to register with Gtechniq for a good 7.5% on all orders no matter how big or small. 

Create an account and message Rob for 7.5% off 
http://www.gtechniq.com

Allow a couple of days for the team to process the registration before placing your order. They should send you an e-mail to confirm though. 

Awesome reply! Nice one Send.

Stick with the same brand as these products are designed to work together. And C2v3 is a belter!

• Like 3

C2v3 as advised above and some decent microfibres for application and removal is all you should need - although this is almost an optional step, such is the quality of protection already applied.

The usual advice of regular 2-bucket safe washing, with a decent free rinsing pure shampoo (Gwash or similar) and a quality drying towel should keep the coating clean.

cheers

Chris

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all and especially Svend for the advice.  I'll be sure to pick up those products to make sure I keep the surface as clean as it should be. I had read that some people dilute the C2V3 to make a quick detailer so thats a good tip.

I was hoping to wash the motor today but the weather is terrible.

Does anyone know of any retailers selling Gtechniq products in Leicestershire?

Edited by markmuddimer
Additional info