rear passenger door stuck

one of the rear passenger doors appears to be stuck or locked.

I have tried both using the fob buttons and the key in the lock but although the two front doors and the rear nearside passenger door are working as normal the rear offside door remains stubbornly stuck.

Is this a problem with the central locking?  Can I rectify it myself or is it a job for a main dealer?

Edited by billysiv
poor spacing

I am guessing (logic) but would not think it is a central locking issue, if you cannot open it from the inside either. (have you pulled the internal lever more than once?).

I think most will tell you a VCDS check for faults will be required.

Is the car new to you??????? Have you known this door opening ok previously??????? 

I had a similar issue when I had my 08 plate Vrs. If the child lock is on, the door won't open from the inside, the issue with mine was, the Bowden cable from the exterior handle to the lock mech. The cable is only 2 inches long, about £4 ish and a **** to fit, ended up having to strip the rear door. I got into my car by using a break-in kit, it slides in between the rear door glass (opening one). Once you wedge the rubber seal then shine a torch in, you will see the part of the lock to push down that will open the door. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, meta55b said:

I had a similar issue when I had my 08 plate Vrs. If the child lock is on, the door won't open from the inside, the issue with mine was, the Bowden cable from the exterior handle to the lock mech. The cable is only 2 inches long, about £4 ish and a **** to fit, ended up having to strip the rear door. I got into my car by using a break-in kit, it slides in between the rear door glass (opening one). Once you wedge the rubber seal then shine a torch in, you will see the part of the lock to push down that will open the door. 

This type of solution seems the only logical reason to me. Faulty / broken mechanism.

Unless someone has squirted Gorilla Glue around the seals, Lol.

• Like 1

Looks like I will have to find a local garage who knows how to fix this. If the childlock is on the door should still open from the outside. The only way the childlock could be on is if the cleaners I went to operated it when I was having a handjob.

Edited by billysiv

On 23 February 2017 at 12:37, billysiv said:

Looks like I will have to find a local garage who knows how to fix this. If the childlock is on the door should still open from the outside. The only way the childlock could be on is if the cleaners I went to operated it when I was having a handjob.

Pull the rear handle, where the end of handle meets the end cap section you should see a small piece of plastic the fits into the end of the handle when open. If it's not there or loose it's the Bowden cable that's gone. Google this part number, 1U4839060B

Edited by meta55b
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Local garage found the door module was not working charged me £100 for a second hand one. The VW price for a new one was twice this. The first time anything has ever gone wrong with any of the three Octavias I've owned apart from renewal of moving parts.

Edited by billysiv

• 1 year later...
On 22/06/2017 at 17:21, billysiv said:

Local garage found the door module was not working charged me £100 for a second hand one. The VW price for a new one was twice this. The first time anything has ever gone wrong with any of the three Octavias I've owned apart from renewal of moving parts.

any idea how they managed to open the door ?  I am having this exact problem right now and cannot unlock the door, I have the panel off and am right into the door , been at it all day with no luck

Sorry no idea how they got the door open. Have now downsized to a new Mazda 2 Skyactive auto. Very pleased an excellent little car but I do miss the enormous boot of the Octavia :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Right. I managed to have a stuck rear door with child lock on.

1if your door opens from the inside open the door and on the side of it you will find a small plastic. Remove it and inside you will have a T20 torx screw wich you untighten(not all the way) pull outer door handle and try removing smaller part of this( if it does not come out undo t20 more) 

On the handle you will find that a clip attached to a cable from door latch has got out cousing your door handle to not work anymore. Reatach the clip( if is worn use some epoxy or strong glue to fix it in place) make sure you adjust it round the midle(not to tight not to loose)

2If your door does not open from inside eighter please continue reading

I removed interior door handle cover and removed the 2x t30 bolts

I removed twiter cover and power window button wich reveals a t15 screaw wich i removed also

In order to remove door card i took out back seat cushion and side cushion

Door card is only held by plastic clips so i pulled on door car poket and started uncliping.

Unpluged power window switch, twiter, uncliped door opening cable( gentle dont brake it!!!)

There are 6 bolts holding the window regulator metal case. Remove thoes and yo will gain acces to locking mechanism. On top of mechanism you wil find a "lever" wich you will push twords outside of the car and door will then unlock and open door then folow steps at poin 1