Pug 407 Coupe

Gwilo

Well, just to annoy you all, I've decided to go ahead and buy the 3.0 V6 Auto at a saving of over 8 grand on list.

That's a brave decision, probably made with the heart rather than the head :D

With

I don't smoke and don't drink - nor do I do a Max Mosely and have sessions with call girls. I have to have a vice of some sort!

Plus I had a fairly good trade-in price for mine (better than was offered from the Skoda dealer that sold me the car in the first place).

• 3 weeks later...

Took it on a longish run and manage to get nearly 26mpg! Fuel economy was improving as the miles went by and the engine began to free up.

OK, for you TDi boys, 26mpg is poor, but for a heavy brute of a car (nearly 1.8 tons)with a petrol V6 and auto box, and only a couple of hundred miles on it at present, not too worried.

As good as big french cars may be they have 1 thing that goes against them.......

.....Depreciation..... they loose more than 60% of their cost new after 3 years.....

As good as big french cars may be they have 1 thing that goes against them.......

.....Depreciation..... they loose more than 60% of their cost new after 3 years.....

That's true, but 60% is off their list price, which is rarely the transaction price.

So true depreciation is probably closer to the 45% to 50% of most mainstream cars - although in the present climate it appears that depreciation rates are all over the place, e.g. anything big & thirsty is plumetting irrespective of the badge (:eek:) and any smal diesel hatch is doing well irrespective of the badge (:thumbup:)

• 1 month later...

After just over a month of ownership, I still think that car is great! Ride quality can be adjusted - normally, the suspension is left to adjust itself automatically, which gives a soft ride. However, you can engage the sports suspension setting, which firms it up nicely for 'pressing on' through the corners, without shattering your inards when going over every piece of grit on the road.

Fuel economy is acceptable being a petrol V6 and auto 'box.

If anyone wants a 4 seater coupe that rides well, and has a decent amount of luggage space and kit, then the 407 is worth a look. The shape is 'challenging' for some, but, if you can get past that and the badge, then you could have a fine car indeed.

Never had any issues working on mine.... avg 37mpg all the time I had it... would have done more but it spent too long travelling @ 140mph++ mind you mine was diseasel. Never let me down... bar the odd limp mode when turing the tuning box a little too high.... the jbl hi fi was stunning... miss that now... and its ate miles like nothing else this side of a s class....