Octavia SE Sport Seats?

Hi everybody,

Newbie here who is considering pulling the trigger on a 2016 Octavia SE Sport. Wanted to ask you guys if anyone has had issues with the seats? I've they aren't the best on the lower back. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts and or comments.

Thanks....

Been running an SE sport since October and now 7000 miles in, I suffer from a bad back and find the seats supportive and comfortable. The seats suit me, but the whole seat thing is subjective, what some like others don't. 

Thanks guys for getting back to me.

Mr. Rubble, strange question but can I ask you your age and size? I've heard that over 50 and larger people struggle with the seats due to them being narrow and very hard.

2 hours ago, spellchex said:

Thanks guys for getting back to me.

Mr. Rubble, strange question but can I ask you your age and size? I've heard that over 50 and larger people struggle with the seats due to them being narrow and very hard.

Hi,

What seats are you used to?

What distances do you drive?

Have you had an extended drive in an SE Sport to check how the seats suit you?

10 hours ago, Miz said:

Hi,

What seats are you used to?

What distances do you drive?

Have you had an extended drive in an SE Sport to check how the seats suit you?

Coming from basic Toyota seats. Distances is a mixed bag really. No, I haven't driven the SE sport just sat in the car in showroom...

As an old 50 year old I'm starting to thing the SE L package would be better suited.

:sadsmile:

Edited by spellchex

57 minutes ago, spellchex said:

Coming from basic Toyota seats. Distances is a mixed bag really. No, I haven't driven the SE sport just sat in the car in showroom...

As an old 50 year old I'm starting to thing the SE L package would be better suited.

:sadsmile:

Maybe hire one for a day to be sure. A lot of the rental firms have Octavia's.

Be aware you'll probably get a better deal on an SE sport as it's a run-out model as facelift Octavia is now in production.

However you should be able to get between 10-20% discount on Octavia's, have a look on broadspeed.com for an idea of the discount.

Edited by glosrich
Spelling

1 minute ago, glosrich said:

Maybe hire one for a day to be sure. A lot of the rental firms have Octavia's.

Be aware you'll probably get a better deal on an SR sport as it's a run-out model as facelift Octavia is now in production.

However you should be able to get between 10-20% discount on Octavia's, have a look on broadsided.com for an idea of the discount.

Thanks Glosrich! :thumbup: Great idea. I'll take  look at rentals.

I've been looking at a 13% discount over on Carwow.com which is the average I think. Even on the 2017 'facelift' models

Broadspeed are doing about 18%, but remember if you want the 0% the dealer has to pay for that and the deposit contribution so you won't get as much discount.

24 minutes ago, spellchex said:

Thanks Smurf. How are you finding the 1.4 TSI engine on the motorway?

Excellent. It pulls very well in 6th but it'll happily do 80+ in 4th if you want to make a quick manoeuvre. Economy wise I get 45-50MPG but that's up and down hills a lot too. I also tend not to sit at 60MPH in the inside lane. 

8 minutes ago, SmurfWagon said:

Excellent. It pulls very well in 6th but it'll happily do 80+ in 4th if you want to make a quick manoeuvre. Economy wise I get 45-50MPG but that's up and down hills a lot too. I also tend not to sit at 60MPH in the inside lane. 

Thats great news. I'm also excited for the city driving economy of the 4 cylinder to 2. I think its the perfect engine for me living in town but also wanting to drive long distances for family trips.

Just now, spellchex said:

Thats great news. I'm also excited for the city driving economy of the 4 cylinder to 2. I think its the perfect engine for me living in town but also wanting to drive long distances for family trips.

The 1.4 doesn't have ACT (cylinder cutoff) on the Octavia, that will come with the 1.5 on the facelift later this year.

17 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

The 1.4 doesn't have ACT (cylinder cutoff) on the Octavia, that will come with the 1.5 on the facelift later this year.

Are you sure? I thought the ACT was standard on all 1.4 TSI range across the VW group?

They are doing another octavia facelift? They have just done one on the care no?

Not an odd question at all, 53, and 5' 11". I average a 64 mile round trip daily and find the seats ok. Longest I done in one day is 300 mile round trip and found them ok. I was runnng a mark 2 superb, which was comfortable, went to the Octavia as it was a good deal and couldn't justify a new superb, don't regret from a comfort point of view and to be honest no negatives at present.

1 hour ago, spellchex said:

Are you sure? I thought the ACT was standard on all 1.4 TSI range across the VW group?

They are doing another octavia facelift? They have just done one on the care no?

No ACT present on any current Octavia.

No ACT on the Octavia only on the Superb at the moment.

Probably on the new 1.5 engine later this year.

As long as you get one before April 1st you can have £30 road tax also.

3 hours ago, spellchex said:

100% sure, I've just checked the 2015 Octavia 1.4TSI on my drive B)

I'm referring to the 2017 facelift.

21 hours ago, SWBoy said:

100% sure, I've just checked the 2015 Octavia 1.4TSI on my drive B)

I'm referring to the 2017 facelift.

Just spoke to the dealer on this.

The 1.5 TSI ACT is not an option on the recent 2017 'facelift'. Its going to be available on the new model which won't come out till 2020'ish.

:)

Thanks for everyone's comments on this thread. I decided against the SE Sport in the end....

I've just order a new 2017 'facelift' Octavia Estate SE L in Silver with a early may delivery date. Very excited!

:thumbup:

9 minutes ago, spellchex said:

Just spoke to the dealer on this.

The 1.5 TSI ACT is not an option on the recent 2017 'facelift'. Its going to be available on the new model which won't come out till 2020'ish.

:)

Im 99% sure your dealer is wrong and that the 1.5TSI is in fact coming to the Octavia later on this year.

I see you've ordered a car though, nice choice

6 minutes ago, LewJo said:

Im 99% sure your dealer is wrong and that the 1.5TSI is in fact coming to the Octavia later on this year.

I see you've ordered a car though, nice choice

Maybe but that's clearly not what he told me.

I think it would strange to do the recent 2017 'Facelift' without this new engine option and then do another 2017 change and add another engine in the same year no? It's definately not available online on the builder nor in the new 2017 brochure

Anyway I guess time will tell....

IMG_9267.JPG

Edited by spellchex

37 minutes ago, spellchex said:

Maybe but that's clearly not what he told me.

I think it would strange to do the recent 2017 'Facelift' without this new engine option and then do another 2017 change and add another engine in the same year no? It's definately not available online on the builder nor in the new 2017 brochure

Anyway I guess time will tell....

IMG_9267.JPG

You don't know Skoda like we do...

Skoda often has to wait a fair while for the latest VW tech to trickle down to it.

They keep the latest stuff for VW and Audi, how else can they convince people to pay a premium for those badges.

If Skoda had all the latest stuff everyone would buy them, apart from the shallow badge snobs.

Of course your dealer will say that, they want you to order now not wait.

Edited by glosrich
  • Like 2