Cupholders

Expecting our new Fabia soon but I have a Major problem already.

There are only 1.5 cup holders in the centre console how will we survive without 2 full size cup holders neither of us are going to downsize our caffeine hit.

Has anyone solved this problem? I have been looking at aftermarket units but have not found anything I like.

Please help, may have to cancel car.

Or, thinking "out of any possible box" - one of these camel sack drinking systems, with the added bonus of keeping warm/getting burned in cold weather, I can't think of how this would go down in summer unless you move to iced coffee in warmer weather!!

Of course the proper solution could be to buy a proper "bean>mug/cup" coffee maker (only a few hundred pounds) and drink quattro expressos - low in volume, so save space but high/higher/highest in caffeine?

I loaned a Rapid while waiting for my fabia and I realized that my Nespresso cup didn't fit in the holder because it was too high.

Luckily the Fabia have room for taller cups, so there is no problem now.

Anyways if you get a thermos with a lid, the passenger can always use the holder in the door and then the driver can use the one under the aircon.

I do agree that it is a bad design only have room for a normal cup and a super skinny bottle, why didn't they make room for two full size cups.

I have the Skoda phone holder, so my center console is out of action for any drinks. I use the Bodum travel mug which has a rubber base and the whole top bit is rubber so it fits snuggly in the door compartment, reducing rattles too and it looks good.

I think the Fabia in-door drinks holder compartments are one of the best I've seen, the bit at the bottom has a recess so the base of the travel mug sits in it. Also the angle is slightly away from the driver, so it's easy to pick up the mug. I've used it with hundreds of Costa / Starbucks large paper cups with no spillages. Thumbs up!

13 minutes ago, Mhansen said:

I loaned a Rapid while waiting for my fabia and I realized that my Nespresso cup didn't fit in the holder because it was too high.

Luckily the Fabia have room for taller cups, so there is no problem now.

Anyways if you get a thermos with a lid, the passenger can always use the holder in the door and then the driver can use the one under the aircon.

I do agree that it is a bad design only have room for a normal cup and a super skinny bottle, why didn't they make room for two full size cups.

I reckon that skinny slot fits a can of red bull for Czech taxi drivers?

32 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The phone holder is one of the most stupid thing Skoda ever invented, 99.9% of phones don't fit

iPhone 6 must be the 0.1% with the offical leather Apple cover, it fits like a glove.. 

Hey don't drift off topic guys, forget about silly things like phones I have serious coffee drinking to arrange.

I am trying to find something like a fold down holder that will fit (perhaps on the underside of) the centre console for the passengers cup.

I just chuck my phone in the slot infront of the cup holders. I bought a shorter USB wire too so that takes up less space.

With the cupholders- I have one of these Thermos mugs. Fits perfectly in the left (larger) cupholder. My friend who I carshare with has one like this which she puts in the door pocket, and I put my gym shaker in the driver's door pocket when I have that in the car.