Chris' monte aka bumble bee

Madmilligan

Hi recently got my yellow monte carlo after owning a mk1 vrs I had to have another skoda always had vag cars over the years. I'm a mechanic and love to mod my cars even though I always say I won't hahaha. Anyway I'll keep this thread updated with new mods and bits and Bob's 

20170303_140617.jpg

• Like 3

Well so far I have lowered it on h and r springs 40mm fitted a rear arb whiteline that I had powder coated yellow to match , fit a seat ibiza rear disc brake axle and 10mm front spacers and 312mm front brakes .

20170225_120433.jpg

• Like 2

Mods to follow are 280mm rear brake conversion , dpf delete pipe darkside and full exhaust system, egr delete full removal kit, larger front mount and a custom map it's a 1.6tdi btw then a 2.0tdi turbo and clutch fly upgrade when I'm bored of that power . 

• Like 1

Good list of upgrade for performance, I've fitted darkside hardpipe kit, aftermarket Audi S3 alloy intercooler, DPF delete, full EGR delete and a bigger CR177 2.0 Turbo :)

Edited by hutchysrs50

6 minutes ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Was about 210bhp. 

The turbo is from a VW scirocco, just need to make sure the ports match up.

Intercooler was all custom really, made my own brackets etc...

This on a 1.6tdi sounds good 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lofty said:

The absolute best colour, by far! Tremendous choice!!

Looking forward to seeing this take shape, the Monte is the only mk2 fabia that I like lol

Chesters bud it's a marmite colour hahaha buy i love it 

• 2 weeks later...

Recently just done a 280mm rear vented discs conversion more for looks than anything else tbh. Used 4wd 256 calipers and carriers and an adaptor kit link here 

https://www.bolt-action.nl/product/vw-mk4-280mm-rear-brake-adapter-kit-r32-s3/

You need 4wd calipers and carriers s3 or audi tt from the rear and 280mm vented front discs from a mk 4 golf tdi

Just need to paint my 312mm front to match now  

Also won a 2.0 tdi 170 turbo low miles which will be going on in the future 

20170316_170956(0).jpg

20170316_181759.jpg

20170316_181959.jpg

Screenshot_20170317-161323.png

• Like 1

So recently I fitted the vrs intake and a pipercross panel filter the size difference is alot can only help also gutted the inside of the air box, it's a tight fit near the coolant pipes but if u move the coolant Pipe clips round it helps 

20170324_122233.jpg

20170324_122715.jpg

13 hours ago, Madmilligan said:

20170324_124036.jpg

20170324_130715.jpg

Interesting, I've been looking at the K&N filter box replacement but thought it needed a bigger intake as well, looks like this would be the solution. Was the VRS intake expensive?