Amundsen SD card Album artwork

clarky2

Saved some of my music collection to a small 1gb SD card to check out playback on the Amundsen in my new Yeti. The music played fine and showed track and artist info, but instead of displaying the artwork for each individual album it just had a series of 'SD Card' icons that I could flick through? Would have been really cool to do with the individual album covers but looked a bit naff without. Any ideas what I did wrong?

I just pulled the albums from Windows music folder with Windows Explorer to the SD card and and it all comes up to swipe thru and select.
Albums.jpg

On a Mac, I dragged tracks from iTunes collection onto a desktop folder, and thence onto the SD card. Album artwork appears on the Amundsen unit just fine.

Edited by nugbuv
Amondsen, amudsen, amundson....

And I do the same using a Windows computer.

I have several albums with no displayable covers, and looking at their files there was no .jpeg included, I suspect because they are old and eclectic, so not downloadable from another source either.

12 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

I have several albums with no displayable covers, and looking at their files there was no .jpeg included.

I have no .jpeg files in my music albums at all, the artwork must be encrypted into the .WMA file.
If no artwork is found when copying CD to PC you can search for it on the web copy and right click paste it into the empty album cover on Windows Music player or I suspect any other player.

4 minutes ago, nugbuv said:

As an alternative, has anyone considered playing vintage Hoagy LPs on a portable turntable connected via the Usb port and aux input?

Isn't that analogue to digital somehow?

^ ^ Yeap that would work for me, dj fee negligible however transport s the bummer from here in finistere!

Edited by Frenchtone
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Frenchtone said:

^ ^ Yeap that would work for me, dj fee negligible however transport s the bummer from here in finistere!

S'pose you call yoursen DJ Fitzroy now?

suppose, but sea area Fitzroy is the next up from Trafalgar, ie bottom of bay of Biscay, and the n w tip of spain! - never really understood why the name finistere, Fitzroy was the surname of the guy who designed / organised it all  -  here endeth tonights lesson!!:crying::sadsmile:

Edited by Frenchtone
  • Like 1

OK. Looks like I basically need to try again. The artwork appeared on the Windows Media Player just not on the Amundsen. Is the general consensus that if I download a Hoagy Carmichael album everything will be alright?

2 hours ago, clarky2 said:

OK. Looks like I basically need to try again. The artwork appeared on the Windows Media Player just not on the Amundsen. Is the general consensus that if I download a Hoagy Carmichael album everything will be alright?

......and Joe Loss

Perfect!

2 hours ago, clarky2 said:

I can recommend "mp3tag" for adding (or checking embedded) album art.

Very easy to use and you can often find album art via Amazon.

Edited by graham47
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, graham47 said:

I can recommend "mp3tag" for adding (or checking embedded) album art.

Very easy to use and you can often find album art via Amazon.

+1. That's what I used when I had similar problems.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/03/2017 at 07:02, ernieb said:

If you have a Mac then try Metadatics app, works very well.

This is a great recommendation. I'm currently sorting out my usb and sd card music using this app, it makes finding the music you want on the amundsen so much easier.

• 1 month later...

Can someone explain to me how Mp3tag or MediaMonkey help in sorting album art for the Amundsen. I've d/loaded both and can't find how they can help. The only programme I've found that is any good is Tag&Rename. I'm about half way through a 30 day trial period on this, after which I have to pay $30. I think this will be worth paying for as I have been able to sort album art for about 2000 albums using it.