37 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Pheasants are nothing :tongueout:

rsz_20170307_210025.jpg

Try a buzzard at 60 (ish) mph...

Took 6 months to get a blumming grille :dry: 

...and needed the bumper repaired and a new intercooler. :angry:

rsz_img_20141227_132603.jpg

But this beauty is now stuffed and sitting in the house :biggrin:

I think thats tragic, the buzzards here are awesome, scare me when im walking the dogs and look big enough to take a dog for lunch... (not out for a meal)

• Like 1

Yep it was a shame, magnificent bird, but unavoidable - flew out of a hedge on the nearside, didn't have a chance of reacting. We also get a lot of red kites around here, but never seen one hit thankfully. 

At least it wasn't left to rot! It's quite a talking point when we have visitors...

On 08/03/2017 at 11:41, Croat said:

How about buying this?

From what I've read, and pictures I've seen, the quality is poor in comparison to OEM. I'm also not a fan of the design.

Replacement part arrived Wednesday, the seller described it as perfect. I'd expect perfect to mean no marks or scratches :dry: They're only light scratches, but the part doesn't pass as new, as it was advertised.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=112325870521

should message the seller & take some pictures to show him, did you make him an offer of a buy it now price? maybe the seller has been cheeky & not actually sent you the one advertised but maybe sent you another one that he had for sale!

Post up some pictures, worst case you are covered under ebay money back guarantee.

In the ebay advert, the grill does look in great condition.

6 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

should message the seller & take some pictures to show him, did you make him an offer of a buy it now price? maybe the seller has been cheeky & not actually sent you the one advertised but maybe sent you another one that he had for sale!

Post up some pictures, worst case you are covered under ebay money back guarantee.

In the ebay advert, the grill does look in great condition.

I did ask the seller if it's meant to be new or second hand, he's not replied yet. I'll do as you suggested, send pics to the seller.

I had an offer of £140 accepted.

To be fair, the marks are on the trim and are very light. It's just that the current one on my car is in better condition, it's the vents that are smashed.

The seller told me to return the item if I wasn't happy with it.

Hmm.. guess I'll have to try get another elsewhere.

Decided to bite the bullet and try the grill from SuperSkoda. The chrome trim on my current grill is not damaged, so I will transfer it over.

I'll report back once the fitting is complete.

• 1 month later...

Anyone in need of a lower grille without ACC "hole" 5E0853677

let me know ASAP as i have a new one available for the cost of postage or free if collecting.

I have little room to store so speak up now. Grille is for non VRS models.

Would be ideal if struck by pheasant or if wanting to do stone protection mod.

Edited by Cybermansrevenge

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to replacing the grill yesterday, it was time consuming and fiddly.

I followed this guide, very good but go knows how the person managed to remove the bolts by the headlights without dropping the arch liners, that's what I did in the end.

I didn't take many pics, just one during and after.

Note the grill surround is missing, it was damaged so I didn't refit. I am going to order a replacement in black.

IMG_4503.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

Edited by waaar
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Croat said:

Sou you did listen to my advice after all.

Yep, I had originally intended to buy an OEM part but wasn't able to source. The SkodaParts grill actually looks a lot better than I was led to believe.