After market stereo headunit, options?

Afternoon. 

I am looking to change the headunit on my 08 Octy VRS. It is standard at present. I would like DAB and Bluetooth. 

Budget isn't huge. Any recommendations, are the Android ones on eBay any good?

Thanks for your help

Hi, I believe you have posted this in the wrong forum as this is the Fabia mk2 forums. But I can help you with radio upgrades as they are basically the same radios on the VAG range (I might be wrong) I upgraded my Swing radio with a Skoda Amundsen+ DAB / Bluetooth for around £300 and it was plug and play being a Skoda radio and works with the maxi dot too. 

I wouldn't recommend Chinese android units... cheap and nasty plus slow boot up time and they just don't do as good of a job as reputable brands plus if it fails you have to go through ebay to solve and its just a pain. If you don't want to go for Skoda you can get a double din radio or adapt the double din space to a single din radio which had DAB and Bluetooth included but it wont communicate with the cars maxi dot.

Hi Folks picking up my Motne Carlo tomorrow hopefully. i am in the same boat and would like to upgrade the radio, i have the green screen in the speedo will i also have o change the clocks to be able to use this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Amundsen-RNS-315-RNS315-Bluetooth-Navigation-System-Sat-Nav-GPS-C-VW-Seat-/291640220676?hash=item43e71c9c04:g:ehYAAOSwSdZWcWlC

On 07/03/2017 at 12:29, JGrindel said:

Hi, I believe you have posted this in the wrong forum as this is the Fabia mk2 forums. But I can help you with radio upgrades as they are basically the same radios on the VAG range (I might be wrong) I upgraded my Swing radio with a Skoda Amundsen+ DAB / Bluetooth for around £300 and it was plug and play being a Skoda radio and works with the maxi dot too. 

I wouldn't recommend Chinese android units... cheap and nasty plus slow boot up time and they just don't do as good of a job as reputable brands plus if it fails you have to go through ebay to solve and its just a pain. If you don't want to go for Skoda you can get a double din radio or adapt the double din space to a single din radio which had DAB and Bluetooth included but it wont communicate with the cars maxi dot.

Did you manage to wire up a microphone on this?

17 hours ago, p90pcd said:

Did you manage to wire up a microphone on this?

Yep, the interior light has a cut out for where the OEM microphone goes and I ran the lead down the left A pillar and into the radio, the Mic cost me around a tenner. Its a super easy job compared to after market radios which need ISO harnesses and a bit of wiring to a 12v ignition line to power the device up.