Amundsen and DAB

Hi,

I have just got my Rapid and had the Amundsen installed rather than the Swing.  The car was prebuilt and this was the spec that it came with so I did not have the car specifically built and therefore did not look into the details of the Amundsen unit beforehand.

I was surprised that when I looked at the Amundsen unit there was no DAB option but I cannot find anywhere in the manual or online that says that the DAB tuner is an option.  When I click on FM the only other option I get is AM.

Can anyone clarify that on the Amundsen unit DAB is an option whereas on the Bolero unit it is included as default.  This is not a major problem but just something I would like cleared up.

Cheers

Rich.

was this a new car ??? 

dont think mine says dab just radio and you have the option within the radio screen of dab or fm/am 

Edited by malcster

Yes it was a new car.  The physical button on the unit says radio.  When I select that there is a soft button on the bottom left that says FM, when I select that I get a choice of FM or AM, no DAB.  On the Fabia i get the choice of DAB as well.

Cheers

Rich.

Is it the mib2 shaped radio (like In your fabia ) 

Or is it the earlier shape 

Pic would clear it up also if it's the earlier shape in system information you can get a part number for the unit that should tell straight away 

Hmm, I thought it was the same shape as the one in the Fabia, now not so sure.  Will go have a look and get a picture.  Thanks for your help.

Right here is a picture and the information about the unit.

Device part number: 5Q0035864B

Hardware: H30

Software: 0359

Navigation database:

5L0051236P

ECE1 2017

SHIELD: SHIELD 2016-03 (build 020)

Media Codec:

Amundsen.JPG

Thank you, at least I now know now that I am not missing anything.  Strange how some units have it in and some do not and yet they all seem to be called Amundsen with no mention of different version.

At least the FM reception is a massive improvement over my previous unit.

• 6 months later...