64Plate Elegance Heated Seats Possible?

Hey troops.

Bought the wife a 64 plate 1.4tsi DSG Spaceback at the weekend in white. Cracking wee motor.

Only thing is, she's missing the heated seats from her old car already (bad back already, and now she's pregnant), is there a way I can retrofit these?

I don't mean the cheapo crappy seat cover that plug into the 12v socket. I would want them OEM (I've doe plenty of this kinda stuff before on my Octy, windscreen wash sensor, factory bluetooth/Nav etc...) and have VCDS.

I've seen photo's of the switch gear which shows the heated seat signs, but not in the UK, so I presume it was never an option here.

I believe I'd need the switch assembly, seat elements wiring from the switch to body control unit and from there to seats.

As for which ones though, I'm utterly lost!

Anyone been down this road..?

Not an easy retrofit
You need
a) 20A fuse 41 in fusebox
b ) wiring from the control unit to fuse 41, earth, buttons and heating elements
c) heated front seats control unit (behind dash) (6R0959772A)
d) heated seat regulator buttons -> you must change the whole control panel, part number depends on what buttons you need
e) the heating elements (2x 5JA963555B, 2x 5JA963557B)
f) contact housing (1J0937510A)

It is possible that you also need a different body control module (although I think even the old ones support heated seats).

Edited by eyegr

• 2 weeks later...

On my soon to be owned Rapid SEL , have been quoted £500 for 2 position seat mounted switch for front heated seats, was really hoping for 5 position dash mounted switch, any further ideas/options ?

• 1 month later...

Hey @stargixxer , if you are interested i'm selling skoda rapid interior with front heated seats + module for commands and some other stuff , like door panels , 

Selling them because i made upgrade with Sport seats interior with heated .  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg