Correct Tyre Pressure

Hi Guys,

Could someone help me to identify the correct specified tyre pressure for my car. My current tyres in the car is 215/45 17 91Y. I have checked the fuel flap and it seems correct pressure should be 32psi all around..but in manual it says "The tyre pressure should be at the highest pressure specified for your vehicle at all times." Please see the pic below and let me know what pressure is manual recommending me.

IMG_20170225_093049.jpg

I also have 17 wheels, I wanted mine set for economy but found 39psi a bit to firm, now have 37psi which I think is a good balance of economy, but still giving a comfortable ride.

5 minutes ago, POWYSWALES said:

I also have 17 wheels, I wanted mine set for economy but found 39psi a bit to firm, now have 37psi which I think is a good balance of economy, but still giving a comfortable ride.

37psi! Is it not too high..most of the time I am the only one person who is in the car. And on flap says 2.2bar..but manual says to keep the highest lavel..so that's why I was thinking what would be recommended one for me.

The diagrams on the flap are saying that if there are 3 people (or less) and 1 case (or less) then run at 2.2bar (32psi) all round, but if there are more than that (up to 5 people and 3 cases which is maximum load) then run at 2.5bar (36psi) front and 3.2bar (46psi) rear.

So for you that means run at 2.2 bar (32psi) all round, unless you're a hypermiler.

Remember the manual covers all variants, engines, etc. so it's guidance is very general, and in situations like this the sticker on the vehicle should be followed.

Edited by SWBoy

That's what I thought as well. But I already put 37psi for the rear and 37.5ppsi for the front..I think I have to re do to 32psi all around then..most of the time boot is empty and me alone is in the car.

The other side effect of higher pressures is better turn-in as the tyre side walls are stiffer, which in turn leads to, less outside edge wear (especially NSF from roundabouts)

Skoda recommending 2.2 is a comfort thing to try to hide the shockingly bad rear suspension, they don't actually care if you wear tyres faster or have less turn-in confidence.

Nuff said ?

I wanted to change the pressure, but I like the idea what themanwithnoaim said and also i am going for round trip London-Birmingham-London tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, automass said:

I wanted to change the pressure, but I like the idea what themanwithnoaim said and also i am going for round trip London-Birmingham-London tomorrow.

What pressure have you decided to go for?

Decided to go for 32psi..but now at the moment i have 37psi for the rear tyres and 37.5 for the front tyres which i want to keep on.

You have "non-official" sized tyres fitted to your car I think.

The difference between 215/45 R17 & 225/45 R17(official size)  is around 1.5% accuracy on the speedo. (your speedo will read higher)

As you have some other problems with your car (and 1-odd tyre) you could request that Cargiant fit the correct tyres to your car?

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 15:40, automass said:

Hi Guys,

Could someone help me to identify the correct specified tyre pressure for my car. My current tyres in the car is 215/45 17 91Y. I have checked the fuel flap and it seems correct pressure should be 32psi all around..but in manual it says "The tyre pressure should be at the highest pressure specified for your vehicle at all times." Please see the pic below and let me know what pressure is manual recommending me.

IMG_20170225_093049.jpg

Do you actually have that tyre size fitted? Non- standard size according to the filler cap- so you will need to extrapolate a pressure based on that data. Fitting a standard sized set of tyres and flogging those you have may be a better idea if the dealer will not cooperate. 2.2bar seems the best pressure for a non fully loaded car until then.

Edited by gregoir

I have just got a 1.6 SEL Estate with 18"  Golus wheels does anyone know what the tyre pressures should be?

Edited by JFJ
  • Like 1

I don't know where did Gabbo find that information from..but the tyres I have put are according to the tyres that I had with this car when I bought which was 225/45 17. only couple of things one the tyress are different. They are load capacity and speed rating..I have uploaded the picture of the tyre somewhere in this forum.

1 hour ago, JFJ said:

I have just got a 1.6 SEL Estate with 18"  Golus wheels does anyone know what the tyre pressures should be?

Does it not in the fuel flap? 

The car was a demonstrator from a main dealer. The air in the tyres bears no relationship to the pressures indicated on the filler cap. The tyre pressures warning indicator came on 2 hours after I picked the car up when driving on the motorway. Any ideas what the pressures should be?

Welcome. 

Just set then to the pressure as shown on the fuel filler flap.

If you have just bought a 'Skoda Approved Used Car' what are the tyre pressures at?

If they are dangerously under or over inflated as the car was handed over to you be sure to contact the Principal Dealer tomorrow and inform him or her.

Ask what happened to the 'Workshop Safety Checks carried out by a Trained & Qualified Technician, 

if they are lax at checking tyre pressures and setting the TPMS then maybe you need them to drop off a courtesy car until they do the checks properly on your car.

?

Where did you buy the car?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/423894-dealer-consistently-under-inflating-tyres 

PS.

You need to set the TPMS after you set the tyre pressures.

Edited by Awayoffski

I run 225/45x17 on my Octavia 2.0 TDI in India.Been running them at 32psi front and 30 in the rear with up to 4 on board at times.Seems fine.Running Michelin Primacy 3 SP which are now up to 40000 km old.I roatate them front to back evey 5000 km and that seems to do a load of good to tyre life.Still got a whole lot of life in them.