Which wheels

I have got to say I wish the 2107 vrs had updated the wheels,but it was not to be. I have decided on dsg estate petrol in meteor with black pack,now as the new model comes with privacy glass as standard do I go black pack with the 18inch wheels? Or for an extra £500 and odd extra for the 19inch wheels.you also get the corner lights,which tobut to be honest I don't like.this is the last piece of my jigsaw.any thoughts again welcome

Is that 225 40 x 18    vs       225 35 x 19   ?

For me and for the roads I drive on even the 18" is a bit lacking in sidewall, but you might be driving on smoother roads or be less bothered by this. 

Roads are hitty missy! They are the tyre sizes yes, just think the 19s fill the archers better. Sometimes the 18s look ok then other time look to small.not sure what to do as I have a feeling I will regret not getting the 19s. Black rims on the 230 look better than anthracites

11 hours ago, p5stokes said:

I have got to say I wish the 2107 vrs had updated the wheels,but it was not to be. I have decided on dsg estate petrol in meteor with black pack,now as the new model comes with privacy glass as standard do I go black pack with the 18inch wheels? Or for an extra £500 and odd extra for the 19inch wheels.you also get the corner lights,which tobut to be honest I don't like.this is the last piece of my jigsaw.any thoughts again welcome

19's all the way for me, i debated this myself for long and weary then plummeted for the 19's! You'll not be dissapointed, they are also easy to clean as you can squeeze your hand through the holes and clean the inside of the wheel too!

My mini 10", XR3i 14", Golf GTI MK2 16V 15", Mini Cooper S 17", Honda Civic Type R 18", Octavia VRS MK2 18" and presently VRS 4x4 combi 19"s it's logical progression :D

I'm not even biased!!!

Detail7.jpg

• Like 1

S6jokf sorry I think I have sent you a half finished message. How do you find the diesel 4x4 as a alround package? Performance,mpg grip ect wise? I am tempted by the petrol but worried after a while the mpg may start getting to me. I have not had petrol in 12years!! Ha every time I see your car I change my colour to red lol.im at the decision stage and to be honest I just wanting to get the car ordered as it's starting to do my head in!! Many thanks paul

5 hours ago, p5stokes said:

S6jokf sorry I think I have sent you a half finished message. How do you find the diesel 4x4 as a alround package? Performance,mpg grip ect wise? I am tempted by the petrol but worried after a while the mpg may start getting to me. I have not had petrol in 12years!! Ha every time I see your car I change my colour to red lol.im at the decision stage and to be honest I just wanting to get the car ordered as it's starting to do my head in!! Many thanks paul

Hi Paul, I do rate the car very highly as an overall package. Performance is good for a 184bhp diesel, plenty of torque and with the grip of the 4x4 it's definitely a lot quicker of the mark than my previous Mk2 diesel VRS. No more wheel spin judder just grip and go! I don't drive like miss daisy and usually average between high 30's to low/mid 40's. With passengers mid to high 40's. I've not tried a max mpg run yet. It's certainly a  lot more now than when straight out of the box as I was high 20's low 30's. I do lots of miles commuting and I also tow a large caravan so petrol was not in the equation. I've done 7000 in 4 months. I do think if I wasn't towing and covering such high mileage I would be driving petrol though! Not sure if you can order a diesel 4x4 again yet? It's a nice decision to have and only you know what's right for you. Keep me posted! Jok

4 hours ago, S6JOK said:

Hi Paul, I do rate the car very highly as an overall package. Performance is good for a 184bhp diesel, plenty of torque and with the grip of the 4x4 it's definitely a lot quicker of the mark than my previous Mk2 diesel VRS. No more wheel spin judder just grip and go! I don't drive like miss daisy and usually average between high 30's to low/mid 40's. With passengers mid to high 40's. I've not tried a max mpg run yet. It's certainly a  lot more now than when straight out of the box as I was high 20's low 30's. I do lots of miles commuting and I also tow a large caravan so petrol was not in the equation. I've done 7000 in 4 months. I do think if I wasn't towing and covering such high mileage I would be driving petrol though! Not sure if you can order a diesel 4x4 again yet? It's a nice decision to have and only you know what's right for you. Keep me posted! Jok

Thanks jock think I will stick with the meteor, black pack+,19 extremes, and petroleum.i have a choice  of petrol or 4x4 diesel but have to pay for my own fuel 8000 miles per year.have to order on Monday,so that's it boom!! Decided....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, p5stokes said:

Thanks jock think I will stick with the meteor, black pack+,19 extremes, and petroleum.i have a choice  of petrol or 4x4 diesel but have to pay for my own fuel 8000 miles per year.have to order on Monday,so that's it boom!! Decided....

I have to pay for my car and the fuel as it's my own! :)

On 10.3.2017 at 21:54, p5stokes said:

Roads are hitty missy! They are the tyre sizes yes, just think the 19s fill the archers better. Sometimes the 18s look ok then other time look to small.not sure what to do as I have a feeling I will regret not getting the 19s. Black rims on the 230 look better than anthracites

19's do not fill the arches more than 18's. The outer diameter and width of the rubber is the same (approx.). It is the alloy rim that have an inch more in diameter.

Black pack is a must, but the alloys need not be black. In fact, completely black wheels disapears in the wheel arches and isn't nice at all (in my head). The selection of Skoda alloys for new cars are unfortunately limited. I would love to see Cassiopeia, Supernova or Sirius on Octavia.

Edited by fatzy

34 minutes ago, VRS230 said:

19's with spacers for reference.

5grq99o.jpg

What is that bumper guard? Link to it would be even better ;)

...and what size spacers... And I guess you are lowered, right?

3 hours ago, VRS230 said:

19's with spacers for reference.

5grq99o.jpg

I'm not sure if fitting spacers the tyres would rub the inner arch when I'm fully loaded and towing my caravan, any thoughts?

Edited by S6JOK

9 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Is that a Huracan 230? Does it have a black spoiler? :biggrin:

Diesel Combi 4x4!!!:tongueout:

Edited by S6JOK

On 12/03/2017 at 08:32, fatzy said:

19's do not fill the arches more than 18's. The outer diameter and width of the rubber is the same (approx.). It is the alloy rim that have an inch more in diameter.

Black pack is a must, but the alloys need not be black. In fact, completely black wheels disapears in the wheel arches and isn't nice at all (in my head). The selection of Skoda alloys for new cars are unfortunately limited. I would love to see Cassiopeia, Supernova or Sirius on Octavia.

I've just bought Supernova alloys for my Octy. I'm getting tyres fitted later today so will post some pics.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chatstar123 said:

I've just bought Supernova alloys for my Octy. I'm getting tyres fitted later today so will post some pics.

Are they these ones?  If so they look good!

Supernova.jpg