Is Beige leather a good idea?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of ordering an S3 for my company car when I start my new job, and I think the beige leather looks particularly nice with dark grey - does it mark easily? Thinking particularly with jeans, which I wear a lot!

Anyone got any  pics of their leather in beige as it looks a bit artificial on the configurator?

Cheers.

Had a mk11 superb estate with beige in it and never had any problems .

Switched to a 520d with beige leather and had nothing but problems with blue dye from jeans when herself was driving it .

Drove me nuts . Got an S3 superb now again beige in it but too soon to say how it will hold up . Will post up pictures later .  

1 minute ago, lksuperb said:

Had a mk11 superb estate with beige in it and never had any problems .

Switched to a 520d with beige leather and had nothing but problems with blue dye from jeans when herself was driving it .

Drove me nuts . Got an S3 superb now again beige in it but too soon to say how it will hold up . Will post up pictures later .  

Yeah it would drive me nuts if I was constantly having to clean it! Thanks, appreciate it.

I have beige leather in my S3 and I'm usually in jeans and I can't say I've noticed it becoming grubby, unless all the leather is grubbying up at the same rate. 

All the beige plastic trim that comes with it is another story. This is an absolute magnet for dirt and always looks a bit grubby.

I have Business Grey with Beige interior and I think it looks great. The car is 16 months old and 26000 miles in and I would have it again. It has stood up well to everything the kids, dog and even the Mother in Law can throw at it. I just wipe it clean with Baby Wipes. No more difficult to keep clean than the Black leather in the wifes Yeti.

Superb Interior1.jpg

Superb Interior 2.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Simon-R said:

I have Business Grey with Beige interior and I think it looks great. The car is 16 months old and 26000 miles in and I would have it again. It has stood up well to everything the kids, dog and even the Mother in Law can throw at it. I just wipe it clean with Baby Wipes. No more difficult to keep clean than the Black leather in the wifes Yeti.

Superb Interior1.jpg

Superb Interior 2.jpg

Practical use for your sunroof there...taking pics :D

It really does look lovely though...L&K too, that's what I'd go for.

• Like 2

I've had beige on both my MKII and current Superbs and never had any difficulties.  Any marking cleans away quickly and doesn't require much maintenance even wearing jeans sometimes.  I'd have beige over black any day as its actually easier to clean.  I have ventilated seats on my current car and the perforations are really good for hiding obvious dirt as well :)

1 hour ago, Simon-R said:

You're keeping that really well :)

6 hours ago, vtec to vrs! said:

Anyone got any  pics of their leather in beige as it looks a bit artificial on the configurator?

In this video, the presenter spends a considerable time sat inside a Superb with beige (perforated) leather:

I had a 150 Bora with beige Recaros, I only wear jeans and it started to go green and I had to have them re-dyed, I suppose it depends on the leather itself but personally for me never again, only black or dark grey.