How do I change the rear wiper on my Fabia?

Hi, I need to replace the rear wiper on my Fabia 1 (03 Hatchback) but I am unsure how to do this and whether I have purchased the correct part.

I asked in Halfords and they told me I needed a Bosch A350H. They did not have any so I purchased this elsewhere (pic attached). The current wiper looks nothing like this? The current wiper is under the plastic shield and I cannot see how to remove the wiper assembly - does it just pull off and this new one push in or am I missing something? I am frightened that I will break the plastic arm if I pull it around too much.

Thanks for any advice. Really appreciated

Blade.jpg

To be honest I have had exactly the sale problem with my rear wiper. I bought the exact same one which was different to the old one however I took the old one in with me they took the part number from it which matched the pic above even though it's a different design. It should push into the clip inside the shield but for the life of me it will not clip in so at the moment I've given up with mine & left it off 

Thanks for the info.

I have not even managed to get the old one off; I guess it just pulls off but I am frightened to pull too hard in case I break it. If the new one does not fit anyway then I guess a trip to the Skoda dealer is probably best.

Thanks again.

IMG_0079.JPG

Edited by SkodaGirl2008

I can't actually see the point I needed to; it's the last inch or 2 of the arm up to where the blade pivots on the arm.

Also the arm itself is made of pressed steel, so it's unlikely that you'll break it by pulling along it (twisting it maybe, bending it probably but not pulling in the direction the old blade needs pulled in).

No, not where the arm is attached to the spindle, and not the end of the blade either!

The middle of the blade, about equidistant from from both ends of the rubber. Or even the whole length of the blade. I'm almost certain that I will know how to do it if I can get a picture of the correct bit of your rear wiper, but there are 2 different ways that blades attach to arms and right now I don't know which applies to your car!

To save any more pain, Ive attached a photo of where it clips into the wiper arm. Its a plastic clip which holds it in place and you just need to pull the old blade sharply away from the wiper arm.

Its the easiest thing you can possibly do on a car.

I bought a genuine wiper blade off ebay for about £6.00. Strangely enough I think i searched something like "Skoda Fabia rear wiper blade" and it came up!

wiper blade rear.jpg

• Like 2

Mine was the same. A bit of WD40 or similar, waggle it a bit, then it pulls off easier.

I frowned at it for at least a minute worrying if aged plastic was going to shatter or fracture. Nope, it all went fine.