Have your lowered your VRS estate??

On 05/12/2017 at 10:43, maxxxi said:

Hi, I've tried searching the lowering threads here about running H&R springs In the long run, but found none.

so since this thread Is a little out of date we can assune you've run some miles on the H&R springs.

So has the ride worsen with time? Stock shocks taken any damage? Any plans what to do If the stock shocks break?

Trying to find information about the pros of having H&R springs compared to stock.

Done 86k miles on mine with H&R and absolutely no issues with shocks at all. You will find tho even with a good geometry set up the inner tyre edges will wear quicker than the rest of the tyre. Most of the tyre will be down to the replacement limit but the innermost inch will be done !! That’s the only downside I have found tbh. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, A18kny said:

you got a pic of what you mean so I know what I’m getting is correct 

Ah that’s it !!! radius seat, couldn’t think of the exact name.

too on on the attached pic. H&R do the extended bolts and lockers and they are top quality tbh 

4BE89C19-2B3C-455E-9207-52233B333F4D.jpeg

8 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

Done 86k miles on mine with H&R and absolutely no issues with shocks at all. You will find tho even with a good geometry set up the inner tyre edges will wear quicker than the rest of the tyre. Most of the tyre will be down to the replacement limit but the innermost inch will be done !! That’s the only downside I have found tbh. 

Just got my Vrs tdi mkIII and It runs like a dream on the H&R springs!

I was so concerned before purchase, about the ride being too harsch and crashy, and the car sitting too low.

I absolutely love It and would recommend It to anyone!

The ride is very comfortable and the stiffness Is perfect, and not at all too low.

Driving in finland with lots of snow, bumps and crappy roads.

5 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

haha show off B), love the stance! how low can it be driven on the flat?

Sorry not sorry on the m1/flat I run it with the top of the alloy about 10mm away from the arch so you can't see the tyre

Edited by Ant-Vrs

Like it, see you have smoothed your front reg bit also nice touch.  

Got it a boy going to do me front spacer 10mm , rear spacers 15mm with all 40mm bolts and locking nuts for £180 delivered. Pretty good price I thought . That’s all H&R stuff

• Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 23:20, fjrden said:

Hey Ant Vrs I see you changed grille to honeycomb one. I did same on my vrs, after a hit and run damage my OEM. Did you fill in the areaso that horns are not seen like OEM grille?

Yeah I've moved them to behind the crash bar so they can't be seen now. It makes it look a lot cleaner