I want a vRS - will I get 35mpg? Is LPG a mad idea?

there is no way my TSI manual will do more than 37mpg on a long run, average 31mpg.. maybe all the other TSI cars above are special or something is dynastically wrong with my car :(

having said that if I wanted to drive around like Miss Daisy I would of bought the 3 cylinder version...

I admit to being jealous of SimonTVRS' figures; 39.7 whilst using acceleration liberally seems very high to me as I do drive reasonably smoothly and conservatively, using the power sparingly -to get the figures I do.

But I'm equally surprised at your car's low economy Marko; I got >31mpg average today without going near a motorway and on one stretch of backroad I really gave it the beans - proper pedal to the metal - and managed to embarrass a biker who pulled out to overtake me out of a slow corner; he didn't expect the lolloping Skoda estate to move quite as fast as it did :D:D (in the end I slowed and deliberately waved him past; I think that was even more embarrassing for him than being unable to take me). Might be worth having it looked at?

5 hours ago, marko said:

there is no way my TSI manual will do more than 37mpg on a long run, average 31mpg.. maybe all the other TSI cars above are special or something is dynastically wrong with my car :(

having said that if I wanted to drive around like Miss Daisy I would of bought the 3 cylinder version...

40+ is pretty easy at 70 true speed on long runs so not Miss Daisy. I can't imagine the extra 10 Bhp would use that much more fuel

Over the weekend I completed a 250 mile round trip and the on board computer was saying over 44mpg. 90 percent was motorway/dual carriage way.

I have also worked out mpg from fill up to fill up a few times (assuming the mileometer is accurate). it seems to be OK when comparing with satnav.
Recently with some more varied driving, some slow stuff though built up areas and some open country roads the figure worked out from the fuel added gave just over 39 mpg and the computer gave almost the same. So I think the on board computer is fairly accurate at least for my car.

There was some progressive driving and 3rd gear really does give you a great feeling when overtaking :-)

11 hours ago, StephenVRS said:

Over the weekend I completed a 250 mile round trip and the on board computer was saying over 44mpg. 90 percent was motorway/dual carriage way.

I have also worked out mpg from fill up to fill up a few times (assuming the mileometer is accurate). it seems to be OK when comparing with satnav.
Recently with some more varied driving, some slow stuff though built up areas and some open country roads the figure worked out from the fuel added gave just over 39 mpg and the computer gave almost the same. So I think the on board computer is fairly accurate at least for my car.

There was some progressive driving and 3rd gear really does give you a great feeling when overtaking :-)

Yes, those are normal figures, I just did 325 miles at avg 59 Mph just under 46 Mpg. The reason I bought my 1st VRS was after watching a new MkII pre-FL blast past a line of traffic on the A52. I knew that my turbo-diesel couldn't copy it so bought a TFSI, which like the TSI pulls smoothly and strongly right up into the redline, allowing you to dispense of most traffic safely. 

Have you checked my figures from my Norway trip? Not sure how much it equates to in MPG, but they were pretty low and I was driving normally, including overtakes and AC on, etc.

On 8/21/2017 at 15:16, marko said:

Quick thought and apologies if you're already doing this Marko, but I found coasting in gear really makes a difference to overall economy. The TSI has fuel cut off above about 1200rpm so if you're in gear and you take your foot off the throttle above 1200rpm, you use no fuel at all. Since I worked this out, the use of in-gear coasting has added about 3 mpg to my 'at the pumps' figures...