Lifting Springs Octavia Mk1

Hi all

I have a 2002 octavia elegance TDI that is compleatly standard only problem is i live up a very bumpy lane and the car keeps bottoming out, my dad has the same problem with his Bora I was wondering is there a set of springs i can buy that would just raise the car about an inch or 2.

Also does anyone have a wiring digram for the heated seats for an Octavia I

Thanks

James

Don't know about lifting springs, possibly try our scandinavian freinds as they might have more use for them. As for the heated seats I myself tried to find a wiring loom without joy, the route I went down in the end was to find someone who's breaking an L&K and purchase the interior wring loom and seperate out the heated seat wires. You will also need the relay and switch. Other people have used a Mk4 Golf heated seat loom from Kaufatec as theres no need for the relay, but you will need to purchase the Golf heated seat switches and find somewhere to fit them. The Golf way is probably the cheaper way but less OEM looking, but thats a personal prefference. Hope that is of some help for you? This link might help a bit?

Edited by Guest
Addition of link

You could purchase spring assist kits although I don't think they are regarded as the best option. I'm sure I've seen some thick spacers you can put between springs/top hats which raise the car, perhaps used on the mk2 scouts or something.

Are you springs particularly old? This could cause them to sag quite bad. 

I bought uprated springs, might be going back to standard ones so let me know if you are interested.

The thing is your old ones have probably sagged and your dampers are likely knackered. I'd think you'll find you need to replace both.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Yes the springs have been on since original, so they could have sagged like you say, ill try brandnew springs and shocks, sorted about the heated seats someone has sent me a diagram oh and thanks for the info simspj my skoda has factory fitted heated seats the reason i wanted a wiring diagram is becasue they both stopped working suddenly but i found the relay once looking at the diagram so ive sorted it now

Thanks for your help all

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:20, TheSkodaLover said:

Hi all

I have a 2002 octavia elegance TDI that is compleatly standard only problem is i live up a very bumpy lane and the car keeps bottoming out, my dad has the same problem with his Bora I was wondering is there a set of springs i can buy that would just raise the car about an inch or 2.

Also does anyone have a wiring digram for the heated seats for an Octavia I

Thanks

James

What is bottoming out? You haven't got something daft like a sagging/detached undertray?

13 minutes ago, abo said:

What is bottoming out? You haven't got something daft like a sagging/detached undertray?

No I am actually a mechanic ... the undertray is brand new as the old on was knackered but when I go along our road the car scrapes on the undertray which is why the other one went knackered I'm looking for stiffer springs or lifting springs so it won't knacker the new undertray up